Chapter 30

Nandini Arora's POV

Everything was changed and I was scared of the depth of it. My mother looked more into the Mehrotra's. We didn't get into the wedding topic as it was sensitive but I could see it coming. I only came here for my dying father, I could leave again if the start acting up. That was the only thought that kept me from freaking out.

My reunion with my father was tear strained. He cried when he saw me. I cried when I hugged him. He kept saying sorry for pressuring me to leave, I said sorry because I was the one who decided to run away. After an emotional reunion, we calm down and my father asked me about my life in Canada. I told him about my job and about the fashion shows that I ran under my wings.

Needless to say that dad was really proud of me and I was really happy. I thought I was back to my childhood but the only problem was, my father looked like he had seen better days, he did though.

"Nandini, I don't want to eat." My dad said weekly.

"You need to have your medicines. That's why you need to eat, papa."

"Medicines are not going to help me anymore. I am only here for a few days."

It was true but hearing him saying it, made my heart drop. "Don't say like that. Nothing will happen to you. I am here now." I said in a broken voice. Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes.

"I am content now. I saw my princess close to me and that's what I needed."

"Enough of talking, you need to eat now. I am feeding you today." My father fall asleep after he took those high power medicines. I came to the living room where my mom was talking to someone else on the phone.

She was smiling while talking on the phone. "Yes, yes Nandini will be there." I stopped on my tracks after hearing half of it. She was sending me somewhere and I didn't like the sound of it. Every action of here's seem to be suspicious.

I approached her when she was done with her talking over the phone. "Who were you talking to?"

"Nayona." she said with a smile. First of all, I didn't remember if my mother ever called her by her first name. But she just took her name without her surname.

I let it go and did not question about her. Something was bugging me and I needed to get it cleared. "Mom, how are you taking care of the expenses? Father's treatment and this house and it's maintenance."

"I told you that Manik is taking care of us." Mom said with a slight frown.

"Exactly, that what I want to know. Why is he taking care of yours? I thought he would back out from everything. Why is he helping us? Why are you calling Mrs. Mehrotra by her name? What is happening?"

"Nandini, I told you that everything has changed. We also thought that Manik would ruin us but he did not do anything like that. Probably because he knew that he would get you back. He never cleared that part. Nayona was clearly angry and wanted nothing to do with us but Manik somehow managed her. She wasn't approachable for a long time before her illness was identified. Poor woman already suffered so much and then her body started to betray her as well." Mom said sadly.

Well he did gave me a reason as to why he didn't destroy everything but I called it bullsh!t. He could have easily save his family name and leave us on the road but he didn't do it.

" Did you tell her that I will go somewhere? And what happened to that powerful woman all of a sudden?" I tried to sound nonchalant but I was actually really curious.

"She invited you to her home. She wants to see you and talk to you. I know you don't really have any good will about her but they helped us in our toughest time. We can show a little bit of gratitude."