25*

"Hoseok! Hoseok!"

Yoongi called out as he chases behind a very familiar back of someone. It was Hoseok. He turned around surprised. "Yoongi?"

The other stop, panting because he was running. "Look, I know you didn't come out here to have a walk." Yoongi pants. Hoseok looked at him and sighed. "Yeah, you caught me. I was going to find them this way. I mean sure we have a backup but who knows they might take too long."

"And you think I do not worry?" Yoongi argued which leads to both of them being silent. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cause trouble but I trust you all to do what you can to bring them back." Yoongi approaches him and pats his back. "We will bring them back." He pauses. "Since we're outside, might as well enjoy this walk. I'm also kinda on the edge because of this." Yoongi chuckles, trying to brighten up the mood.

Hoseok gazes at him and smiled. "Sure."

The two then found themselves at a nearby park. Both chit-chatting and just having a relaxed time without noticing a hooded figure stalking them from the trees.

Back at the house

It wasn't long until both Maya and the police arrived. Jin, Namjoon, and Jungkook told them everything that they hear and saw.

After speaking with the police in charge, Maya quickly made her way to Jungkook who was sitting silently on the couch. His feet tapping anxiously on the floor. She softly placed her right palm on his back to grab his attention and caress it soothingly to calm him down. She knows right now that it's not good for him to be stressing out.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Jungkook turns to her and sighs. "For now, I am." He looks down.

"Kook, you're not supposed to be in this situation. Go back to your room and rest until Corwell comes, alright?"
Her voice laced with concern as she gazes at him. "Noona I'm sorry but I also want to help out looking for them. They are my hyungs."

Before Maya could protest, Namjoon came and told her that the police need her now for some questioning. She nods before saying to Jungkook, "Go back to your room and rest. I'll meet you there."

"But noona-"

"No buts and go, Jungkook. Please." With that, she stood up from the couch and left. Jungkook was left alone for a few minutes until he heard Jin groaned from behind him.

"It's been 1 hour since Yoongi and Hoseok went out. I somehow have a bad feeling about this." Jin frustratedly runs his hands through his hair as he sat next to Jungkook. Jin looked down and sighed. "How did things came to this?"

Jungkook can consider himself quite good at reading people. From this, it's obvious that Jin is worried. Not to mention, afraid he will not see Taehyung and Jimin anymore. Now, he's worried that something might happen to the other two as well. Being the oldest is not always easy, Jungkook thought. Heck, he's the youngest yet he worries every second for his hyungs. He wants them to smile. He wants them to feel at ease. Seeing them sad makes him sadder.
They were his first friends he ever made outside the hospital.
With that, it pains him to see them sad. More painful than his illness.

He is willing to do anything for them to smile. Even if it kills him.

Suddenly, an idea pops up in his head. "Why don't you try calling their phone while I look for them? I don't think the bad guys know who I am since I'm not in your group." The younger suggested. Jin was taken aback. "Why are doing this for us? Ever since we came, you've been nothing but being good to us who treated you like trash. I mean, if I were you, I would've ignored this problem." Jin said. Finally letting his heart speak instead of his ego. That question is from all of them, to be honest.

It is true that Jungkook indeed was a strange boy that they have ever encountered. Everywhere you go, whatever you do, he will always be there with a smile. The boys also noticed that Jungkook was easily moved by his surroundings and is sometimes look like he's been living under a rock. For example, one time Jungkook doesn't even know how to take a selfie of himself and texting. He owns a phone but didn't do anything other than playing games or watch Youtube. Because of that, all of them start teaching him the new life with technology by giving him their phone numbers and letting him texting them. The younger was overjoyed and to be honest, all of them are.

Jungkook gazes warmly at Jin and smiled. "What kind of a friend am I to do that to my hyungs?" Jin became quiet instantly. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"Still, I don't want you to get hurt."

"Trust me, I'll be fine."

Jungkook said with pure sincerity in his eyes. Jin looks at it and found himself convince with it immediately. He sigh. Jungkook stares at him, asking for permission if he can go and Jin hesitantly but slowly nodded.

"I'll bring Yoongi and Hoseok back. I promise." With a gentle smile, Jungkook teleported away right in front of him.

Jin was dumbfounded after seeing the younger disappear into thin air in front of him. His mouth was agape and eyes wide.

"WHAT THE F- "

Meanwhile,

"Are you there yet?"

"Just a bit more."

"H-Hey! Stop touching me!"

"Shut up Taehyung or we both will be done for!"

Jimin whisper-yelled as he tried to reach into Taehyung's pocket to look for Iris. Both of them are now alone in the room while two of the other man keep on guard outside the door.

After a few grunting and bickering from the two, Jimin finally got it. "Okay, how are we going to put it on you?" Jimin stared at Taehyung for answers only to receive the same confused look from him.

"You thought of this plan, damn it!"

"Okay, I admit I didn't think this through." Taehyung shrugs.

Jimin shook his head in disappointment. His eyes then start scanning throughout the room and widen after noticing a pocket knife was left on the table. While Taehyung was lost in his thought, Jimin immediately starts walking towards the table, pulling Taehyung along with him.

"Hey! Don't pull me!" Taehyung whispered yelled as he finally managed to stand up. Jimin motions his head towards the pocket knife to which Taehyung quickly understands what he wants to do.

Just then, the sounds of heavy footsteps were heard outside the door. Soon, the metal door was unlocked and came in the same five men from before. Their loud chit-chat echoed through the room.

"I got us some beer!!"

"Alright!"

The room was just the same as they left it. The hostages were still laying on the floor at the corner, probably sleeping. Yup, nothing change, they thought as they making their way to the table.

Little did they care, the pocket knife was no longer on the table.

Continue