10*

3 Days Later,

Melbourne, Australia
Corwell Industries~

"Done!" She sighs proudly after finishing typing her notes on her laptop. Another successful project finished, she thought. As she's waiting for her note to send directly to her folder, she stood up and grabbed herself a cup of coffee that sat beside her laptop and next to her phone.

She took a sipped and stared at her new proudly successful creation. There it floats in a medium-size cylinder tube. Her new and improved product. She pats herself on the back for her great hard work that for sure will paid off. Taking another sipped and suddenly interrupted by her phone's ringtone.

She walked back to her desk and looked at her phone's screen. She read the ID caller and smiled. "Video call, huh." She extended her hand on top of her phone and grab the air in her grasp as if she's holding an imaginary item before effortlessly tossed it to a bigger screen made of glass that was hanging from the ceiling. Her big glass monitor.

It was a weird gesture at first until the calling screen that's used to be on her phone's screen suddenly appeared on her big monitor. Like a magician pulling out an imaginary card from the deck and appeared behind your ear. It's like that only with science and technology. Another word, she's Tony Stark in this story.

Not long after, the monitor screen immediately enlightened with a lady's face. Her one and only best friend. She smiled cheekily as she took her phone beside her laptop and start pretending to search for something.

"Let me see, not a single call nor text from you. Wow, and here I thought you are a good friend," Her gaze lifted up to the screen. "Jeon Maya." She called.

Maya that was on the other side of the screen looked at her friend weirdly. "First of all, nice to see you again, Corwell, and two, don't call me by my full name like that. It's weird." Maya spoke.

It's not really that weird. Unlike any other friendship you see, Maya and her friend called each other by their family name. They don't make nicknames for each other and it has been going on since they were in middle school.

"You know that I've been busy helping saving people's lives and yet here I am managed to make some time to give attention to that lonely ass of yours." Barked Maya making the lady chuckled.

"Ah, you haven't changed a single bit, Jeon." She said while sipping on her coffee. Maya smirked at her command as she scans the dark surroundings of the laboratory. "And you too, my friend," Maya replied.

The lab was lit dimly and the only source of light there was the few white neon lights on the wall. Even if it's not clear but Maya still can see papers scatters everywhere. Some are papers that are crumpled and there's also puddles of coffee splattering here and there. Maya scrunched her face in disgust.

"What makes you so busy until your entire lab looks like shit? Scratch that, both you and your lab looks like shit." Maya pointed out making the said lady look around her. The lady herself also looked tired as if she hadn't slept in a week. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and there are also bags under her eyes.

Corwell shrugs while taking another sip. "Well, a good friend of mine once said, 'To be successful in life, a lot of mess must be made.' 

Maya grinned immediately change into a small smile as she heard her friend's words. She knew that line. She heard it before and it brings back memories of her childhood. Her late twin brother. Jungkook's father.

Corwell, Maya, and Jungkook's parents are great friends since middle school. Fun fact, Jungkook's parents are high school sweetheart. Maya remembers that she always tells Jungkook about his parents' love story when he's still a little boy. Their love story is that typical cliche of hate turns to love that both Maya, Corwell, and Jungkook endeared very much. Even BTS parents were great friends with all of them.