Chapter Forty-One

Valentine

It was already 4 in the morning, yet I haven't been able to retreat to sleep. This fucking surprise is all that I'm thinking of. It's been running loops inside my head. Part of it was because of Dominic. It's a little bit tricky to rely on our assumption that he will be gullible enough to fall and follow according to the plan's flow. I know how smart Dominic is and I'm just afraid that he'll catch a whiff of this and boom, our grand scheme is going to burn to waste. I kept on telling myself that this will be a success, hoping that the law of attraction might work its magic and favor me.

I took a moment to take a look at the list. After this surprise, I hope Dominic will follow with step number five and ask me on a date.

By the time the clock hit 4:30, I had decided to call Ivana, but I got no answer from her just as I expected. I guess she's still sleeping, and I don't want to make her phone ring for the next five minutes because it might wake baby Axelle. I decided to give Yhannie a phone call instead just to check if she got what I asked her to do. I got no answer, as well.

An hour went by, and I decided to take a long shower. To be honest, I kind of missed the moment when Dominic and I used to shower together. The rubbing of our skin produced such irresistible heat. The lukewarm water felt refreshing that when I emerged from the bathroom, I felt energized and ready to conquer this day. I arrived at the office, and the catering is already halfway through cooking the food and treats for the party. Ivana came after thirty minutes, and we did a quick recap of the plan, carefully checking every single detail. An hour later, Yhannie finally arrived and is evidently excited for what's going to happen. She doesn't have any idea of the whole plan, but she's here because I told her it's just a simple surprise.

Along with the people I've called, we all drove and parked to an empty slot near Mrs Warren's neighborhood. We were already waiting for thirty minutes when Mrs Warren's message finally reached me.

It's time.

We all rushed towards Dominic's house. Everyone was busy. Yhannie was focused on her job, putting on some realistic blood effects on Dominic's mom. I'm so much thankful that Mrs Warren agreed to do this and I didn't even have to bargain with her. I was nervous to reach out to her at first. I thought Dominic had already told her about what happened between us and of course she'll protect her son, but it turned out she knew nothing.

I went to the backyard, and everyone's doing an excellent job of setting up everything. When the person I paid to follow Dominic messaged that he's on his way home, we all went into hiding.

The first act of the plan is for Mrs Warren to act like someone smashed her head so hard that she has to act unconscious and of course, dripping in blood on the floor. That's more than enough to evoke terror towards Dominic. Collene wasn't initially part of the plan, but she suggested that we tie her up and cover her mouth with duct tape so that it would look even more dramatic.

I don't know how it went down with the kidnapping scene since we're all in hiding, but after Dominic was kidnapped by the men I paid, we all went to the backyard and had a moment to prepare. Almost twenty minutes later, my men brought Dominic to the backyard, and I saw a glimpse of him tied on a chair, and his head is covered with a sack. I didn't see what happened after that since I had to hide behind the crowd to prepare for the final act. This is the real surprise.

The cue for my part finally came. Jack and Aldrin began strumming their guitars, and I started singing.

I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy