Chapter Sixty-Six

Valentine

"Hey man, I don't necessarily think you're back at square one. If he is your true destiny, then all roads shall lead towards him." Ozzy added. It's pretty apparent that he's trying to do some damage control right after dropping the bomb to my face.

"I hope so. I really hope so." I let out a heavy sigh. It was really a heavy sigh that it prompted Ozzy to give me a sympathetic look.

"Well, I guess you are in luck. My shift doesn't start in thirty minutes. I can definitely help you find him. I've been working here for several years and I'm sure, I've met this person once or twice." Ozzy uttered, and it sounded so much like music to my ears. It's not an immediate solution to my problem, but if he really worked here for a long time, then I'm pretty certain he might've seen or even talked to Dominic at some point. Dominic loves to drink his pain away, and this might actually be my ticket towards locating him.

"I can definitely show a photo of him." I spat immediately, fishing my phone from my pocket. I tapped on my gallery with such excitement, and as I was scrolling for a recent photo of him, my phone died. "Fuck!" I cursed once again. I've been using my phone the entire day, and I didn't even think of bringing a charger with me.

"What?"

"My phone died."

"Hey, Ozzy!" A man called for Ozzy's attention. "Mr. Chu is looking for you. He wants to talk to you."

"Oh shoot. That's my boss." Ozzy trailed. "Uhm, here's my Facebook account. You can just send me his photo." Ozzy snatched a pen and wrote his account on a napkin.

"Sure. I'm going to send it as soon as I get my phone charged. Thanks man!" I took the napkin from Ozzy, folded it with such care, and hid it in my pocket.

It has been quite a long day for me. I thought I've covered so much progress, but then I came to this bar, and all of a sudden, everything I did was all for nothing. It's really becoming extremely hard to hunt Dominic motherfucking Warren, but I am not giving up on him. I grabbed the beer and gulped the rest of it before eventually deciding to leave the place. I decided to order a take-out before riding a taxi back to my hotel. By the time I got back to my place, it was already ten-thirty in the evening. I immediately looked for my charger, and just when I thought I was able to open my phone right after plugging it, I realized the battery was drained. I had to muster my inner patience once again and waited for so long, not realizing that I've already fallen asleep.

It was already three a.m. when my hunger took the initiative to wake me up from my slumber. I smelled like the streets, and instead of eating the already cold take-out that I bought earlier, my hands went straight to my phone. It was already fully charged, and I was trembling in exhilaration. I fished the napkin from my pocket and quickly logged in on my Facebook account. I searched the name that Ozzy wrote on the napkin, and five different people came up. I had to stalk each one of them before I found Ozzy's account. I didn't even tap on the add friend button. My finger was snappy to click on the message button.

"Hey man, this is Valentine. I hope you still remember me. I'm the one you met at the plane and I was just at your bar earlier."

I sent the message and went on to send the most recent photo of Dominic and me together. The image was when we were together in the pool where I was successful at giving him the blue balls. That moment was still special for me. It was probably the first breaking point of my entire plan on getting back on him.

I stared at my phone for a while as I waited for Ozzy's response. Ten minutes went by in a swift snap, and still, there's no response from him, not even a simple seen. I took my phone with me and went towards the balcony to have a cigarette. I guess Ozzy's still busy serving drinks at the counter or having friendly conversations with drunk customers. I was already halfway through my cigarette, and I was getting rather impatient. I know my feelings aren't valid at this point. The world is not revolving around me, but I can't help but feel restless. I ended up devouring the cold take-out while still waiting for a response. By the time I finished the disgusting food, I had figured it was time to give up on this and just wait for Ozzy's response, maybe after his shift. I don't have any control over this kind of thing. I took a quick shower and went back to bed.

The sun was already up when I heard my phone ringing. I'm sure I didn't set up an alarm, but my soul whopped my body as soon as I recognized the ring tone. Someone's calling me from Facebook's messenger.

"Hello," I picked up my phone in a snap without even looking at the person who's calling.

"Are fucking kidding me? The person you are looking for is Nick?" The voice opened, screaming at the top of his lungs, and I am about a hundred percent sure this is Ozzy.

"Yes. Yes. Nick, Dominic! That's him!" I screamed back at the guy over the phone. I began to feel the rise of adrenaline inside of me.

"He was just at the bar last night." Ozzy spat, and I felt alive more than ever.

"What? When?" I asked.

"Just after you left,"

"What the actual fuck!" I cursed. "For real?" I couldn't believe this happened just last night. I could've seen Dominic. I could've touched him. I could've confessed everything to him. Everything would've been perfect last night.

"Yup. I saw the picture you sent me and there's no way that's not Nick."

"I...I don't know how to feel. Did you ask where he's staying?"

"Uh, well, no. I didn't know he was the one you're looking for not until I got home." Ozzy said.

"Shit!" I spat. "Sorry,"

"But we had this conversation which I'm pretty sure it's about you." Ozzy trailed, and I got even more excited to hear more of this.

"What did he say?" I asked almost immediately.

"He said he still love you and..." Ozzy was just about to tell me the things they talked about, and I was too thrilled that I cut him off.

"And, what?"

"And I think he said he's going back to look for you. No, I'm actually pretty sure he's on his way back to find you."

"Shit! Did he mention anything else?"

"No, that was it."

"Okay, thank you so much for everything." I suddenly had a strong gut feeling that Dominic booked the earliest flight he could find.

"No problem man,"

"I owe you big time. I'll call you next time, I think I need to go now."

"Sure man."

I dropped the call and quickly searched for the earliest flight. It showed it's in forty-five minutes, and I knew I have to move. I don't have any assurance that Dominic will board that flight, but my gut tells me he is on his way to the airport. He might take the other flight, but either way, if I get to the airport, I'm pretty confident I'm going to see Dominic there. I rushed and packed everything until I was already at the reception, where it took me almost fifteen minutes just to check out.

It took me another twenty minutes just to reach the airport. My senses were set at a high-level alert as I was walking around the floor. My eyes kept roaming around, hoping to see Dominic. I went straight to the flight itinerary and saw the next flight is in five minutes. I was quick on my feet, and just as I thought, I saw Dominic. He was already across and about to board the plane. I left my suitcase, and I was foolish enough to run after him, but I got stopped by the guard. I screamed Dominic's name, but I guess he couldn't hear me because of all the noises around. I didn't book the same flight, so I had no other choice to retreat.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I whispered to myself as I walked back to look for my suitcase. Thankfully, my suitcase is still in the area where I left it.

I came so close to touching Dominic yet so far to really touch him.

I quickly went to book the next flight, which is in the next four hours, and it actually cost a bit expensive because I had to negotiate. I had no other choice but to sit in the waiting area and try all my best to be patient. I couldn't stop jerking my leg and checking my phone for the time, and it's killing me. I thought if I had come here earlier, then I would've probably caught up to Dominic, but fate is evidently mistreating me. This is the second time of an almost, and everyone knows that almost will never be enough. Two hours already went by, but it felt like I've been sitting in this damn chair for a century. A fusion of agitation and impatience was about to rupture me from the inside out; however, everything felt better as soon as I heard the announcement of my flight.

I eventually boardedthe plane with the knowledge that this is going to take almost twenty-fourhours. If two hours of sitting at the waiting area felt so much like a century,then this flight is going to feel like a millennium.