Chapter Thirty-Five

Valentine

I'm slowly coming to accept and believe that this evil plan to seek revenge is going to work. I'm moping around my office when all of a sudden a vision of ecstasy began rolling inside my head. A sweet revenge and might just probably be the sweetest, seamlessly executed to perfection played like a film in the cinema. Perhaps, just like I did, Dominic won't see this coming his way. I sat and turned my swivel chair around to face a mural of me hanging idly on the wall before finally fishing the list from my pocket. Although it's looking a little bit rough from staying alive for several years, I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse. For now, this list appeared to be a secret recipe to me. Perchance, it's my one and only secret recipe to cooking a delectable dish. A broken heart with a side of sweet revenge coming to Dominic's doorstep. I hope it doesn't become a curse and bite me in the ass one day.

The fourth step on the list is to surprise him. Hmm, not that hard but not that easy either. How do I surprise him exactly?

Dominic is still Dominic, I guess. At least that's how I felt when we were finally given a chance to talk. Despite of some changes that I've noticed about him, I'm still hoping he still liked the pizza and chicken wing combo that we used to eat at the beach front and at the upper hill overlooking the beautiful scenery of the city. I turned back around to face my computer and just gave my unfinished work a cold glance as if it doesn't have its own deadline. Dominic isn't really a difficult to please type of guy or at least that's how I remember him. Maybe I should just buy him a ticket to one of Shawn's concerts. That might just be the perfect idea to get him shooting over the moon.

I folded the list and slipped it back to my pocket as I began to touch the mouse and search Google. I typed Shawn Mendes and in just a matter of milliseconds the profile of the Canadian singer popped up. As far as I can remember, this guy is his high school celebrity crush and when I clicked images a lot of his photos from different campaigns showed up. I took one glance and another stare, blinked multiple times and then I just realized that I'm way hotter than this guy but you know there's always something special about boys who can actually sing and play the guitar at the same time. People say boys who play the guitar and can sing loves to break a heart. Maybe I could sing a Shawn Mendes song to him somewhere at the mall or at the park or anywhere else public. It sounds poetic as far as everything goes.

I spent the rest of the day planning for my ultimate surprise for Dominic and ignoring the fact that I have to finish my reports due this Friday. This obsession with revenge felt even more important than my actual job. By the time we were about to head home I caught up with Ivana and had a little bit of a conversation.

"So," With a heavy breath, Ivana started. "How was your operation destroying Dominic thingy going on?" She asked as we walked down the hallway heading towards the parking lot. This is our usual routine every end of shift.

"I'm feeling good about it," I replied almost instantly with a hint of pure confidence gritting in my tone.

"You sound so much confident." Ivana uttered as if she has some doubts about me.

"I just feel like everything is going smoothly according to the plan," I volleyed back. "At least, according to the list."

"That's great. But what if Dominic catches you halfway through the plan?" Ivana wondered and I already feel that this is starting to feel a little bit negative. "What if he wakes one day and realizes that you are actually doing what he did to you? What if he catches you glancing at the list or something?" She went on to continue bombarding me with questions.

"Hold up!" I said stopping a bit to stare at her. "Is this a damn quiz bee? Are you being serious right now?" I scowled.

"What? I'm serious," She paused and scowled back at me. "Valentine, my point is," She paused to take a breath before continuing. "Do you even have a backup plan just in case something fucks up?" She spat and even though she has a valid point I'm not really in the mood to think of her suggestion.