Chapter Fifty-Four

Valentine

In the middle of the night, I had a terrible dream. I don't know if it was a dream or nightmare, I can't really tell the difference. It was the moment in high school when I was about to ask Dominic to be my boyfriend. I guess that's the part where I can say it's a dream but everything that happened afterward was a nightmare.

I was standing in front of the whole campus. I can see my friends watching with such excitement and even my teammates were all there. I called for everyone's attention and all curious and confused eyes turned their sight on me with such microscopic focus that I almost felt like being dissected. But I didn't care if I was being dissected or not, all I care about is Dominic.

"Sorry for the interruption but, may I please get all of your attention here."

My heart was pumping faster than normal. Faster and faster that I was almost out of breath.

"I know you all know me and that you know how I truly feel for Dominic"

I was honest with my words and even more honest with my feelings.

"I love you, Dominic! You are my world." I swallowed deep and then turned around to face Dominic. My shaky voice is echoing all throughout the gymnasium and everyone went completely quiet as I was about to do this.

"Dominic Warren, will you be my boyfriend?" I let out finally. My heart is about to burst with so much joy that I wasn't even expecting what's going to happen next.

"I..... I'm sorry, Valentine" Dominic uttered and I was immediately sent to a barren world of confusion.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked trying to hold my breath.

"I don't love you, Valentine, I'm really sorry." Dominic enunciated the words as if he's reciting spoken poetry. The words he just let out of his mouth seemed as if I'm in a nightmare and it's true, I was in a nightmare but it felt so much like reality to me.

"I don't understand" I let out shaking my head as I refused to accept what Dominic had just said to me.

"No, no. This isn't happening." I whispered to myself as I began to shut down. "No, no, no. Not this again." I was shaking my head.

I jumped down the stage and began running. One giant step and I was already picking up my pace. As I was about to leave the building I unexpectedly stepped into a void of darkness. There was complete nothing, but I didn't stop running, I just kept on moving. I realized that I wasn't going anywhere, everything's just dark and void. I feel like I'm not reaching something. But I didn't stop, I kept on running until a giant holographic motion resembling the appearance of my mom showed up.

"I don't want a sickly child." She said as she was approaching me with her giant face. The words seemed to echo throughout the void making my ears bleed. I turned around to run away from her. I tried going faster and just when I thought I got away from her, another giant showed up. It was Dominic and he was quickly approaching me.

"I'm never in love with you. I will never be in love with you." He spat right at my face and it echoed throughout the void once again.

"No," I let out almost exhausted that I can't even catch my breath anymore.

I decided to stop running and eventually covered my ears to stop hearing these words. I turned around and my mom was there again. Both of them, surrounding me with their giant heads and tiny body. They kept on repeating what they were saying that I can't take it anymore. I tried screaming but there seemed to be no sound coming out of my throat. That's when I eventually woke up.