Chapter Forty-Seven

Vincent

Waking up early in the morning after that small pep talk with Yhannie is most probably the sole reason why I woke up feeling relatively lighter. The conversation we had last night isn't that much, but it most definitely helped me go to sleep without a heavy chest. It's all making sense to me now. I have to do what needs to be done in order for me to move forward with my life. I kind of see myself being stuck in these four walls for the next few months and I don't want that to happen. I don't want to let loneliness feed on me like a ghoul. I don't want that sorrow to shackle me into solitary confinement like a felon.

The sky was still a purple shade when I decided to take a bath, and when I finally emerged out of the shower, the sun was inching its way above the horizon. I walked towards the balcony and took a moment to bathe in the glory of vitamin D. I closed my eyes and subsequently let the young filaments of sunlight envelope my bare skin. As I leaned on the railings, I mustered a deep breath of the fresh morning dew and hoped that this day would be a fresh start for me and I know it will. With my eyes still closed, I quickly drifted to a place where I began seeing my future self. By the time I opened my eyes, I suddenly feel so much better than yesterday.

An hour later, Yhannie came knocking on my door, and when I opened the door for her, she greeted me with such enthusiasm.

"Bonjour, Mr Vincent from the house of Grande!" She squealed, trying to imitate a French accent which wasn't that bad at all. Yhannie just got off the shower as well. Her head is still wrapped with a towel.

"Bonjour à toi aussi" I replied to her, and she just looked at me with such a confused look.

"I don't know what that means but I'm going to guess it's French for good morning too,"

"Well you guess it right Miss Yhannie of the house of Thomas,"

"Oh okay," She said as I moved away to let her inside. "Are you taking any French classes?" She asked as she began ushering herself towards my living den.

"No but someone I know taught me that," I answered and immediately recalled who taught that to me. It was actually Keiran who taught me that. He lived in France for some time.

"Someone?" She turned her head around to look at me with her eyebrows cinched.

"It was he who we shouldn't call by his name," I replied. To be honest, not calling Keiran by his name is actually helping my situation a little bit. I don't want to remember and think of him every time we mention his name.

"Oh, okay."

"So, what are your plans for today?" I asked as I followed her.

"We are going on a date," She began. "A friendly date, of course."

"No, I mean how do we return the ring?" I clarified. I am fully ready to return that ring if it helps me forget about him.

"Oh yeah, how'd I forget about that."

"But you were the one who suggested that." I reminded her. "You're getting old."

"I know and I'm currently thinking of a plan,"

"What? I thought you've already thought of a plan," That's what I'm expecting, and I don't want to think of a plan either. It's her idea so she should take care of it.

"I am currently doing that right now," She said, moving into her brainstorming mode. This is kind of a no brainer, to be honest. We can just set up a meet-up with Keiran.