Chapter Fifty-Nine

Dominic

It's hard to accept the blatant fact that karma is finally coming for me, and maybe it isn't the quickest karma, but it surely took time to sharpen its claws. The biggest part of me wanted to let things happen, perhaps let Valentine destroy me, but then I realized he already did. I don't have to ask him to be my boyfriend, and he doesn't need to reject me because I'm already crushed to pieces.

When I woke up earlier this morning, I wasn't surprised that I brought Lyndon home, but I was more than shocked to know that nothing happened between us. We both woke up topless, but we knew that nothing happened besides the casual kissing and snuggling. It was kind of disappointing considering the fact that I know how good he is in bed. Perhaps nothing happened because I was super wasted last night that I couldn't walk straight or even unzip his pants.

"Dominic," I just puffed a smoke when I heard someone called for my name. I was waiting for Lyndon to show up as we planned to go out tonight, but I remembered he just sent me a message that he'll be late.

"Valentine?!" I was more than surprised to see Valentine strutting his way towards me. I've been ignoring his calls for the past twelve hours, and here I thought I'm just going to smoke my cigarette with peace; he shows up out of the blue.

"Hi,"

"What are you doing here?" I asked, almost irritated. I don't want to see him for at least a full twenty-four hours, and yet he's here. I haven't processed everything yet, and frankly, I'm afraid of what I might say to him.

"I'm here for you." Valentine spat, seemingly bursting out of excitement. Is he excited to see me? Or is he excited to destroy me? I don't quite know which is which, but seeing him sent a sudden pang inside me.

"What do you mean you're here for me?" I inquired, blatantly confused as to why he's even here. I'm sure he knows he's here to break my heart. Why is he even acting so innocent?

"I have some things to tell you," He spat and was about to hold my hand, but I casually shook it away.

"What is it?" I replied as I took another hit.

"Let's go get a drink inside first," He suggested and was ready to pull me to go inside.

"No, just tell me right now." I uttered, dodging his hand from grabbing me.

"Are you angry?" Valentine asked innocently as if ignoring him the whole day didn't send him some red flags. "What's wrong? Are you really avoiding me? I've called you a lot of times this day."

I shut my mouth for a whole minute, and he was just there waiting for me to respond, his bright and excited demeanor slowly fading into confusion. His eyes looked like they want to speak to me. I took one last puff and threw the cigarette away before eventually opening my mouth to speak.

"Aren't you here to break my heart?" Aren't you here to destroy me?" I spat outright. I was already starting to get heated. I honestly wanted to keep what I learned to myself and just pretend that I'm still into him, but I just couldn't keep it inside of me anymore. Until now, I still couldn't believe that Valentine had the nerve to even do this.

"What are you talking about Dominic? I don't understand." Valentine pulled me to the farthest corner where no one could hear us bicker. "What is this about? Is this about what happened yesterday?"

"You are sick! Why are you even acting as if you're the innocent one here?" I told him, and he still has the audacity to look confused.

"I'm telling..." He was about to start talking, but I cut him right before he could even spit some words that might change my mind.