Chapter Thirty-Three

Yhannie

I can't grasp the fact that despite rehearsing for that final interview I still failed to make them say 'congratulations you got the job'. Even with doing a proper research prior and spending some time in front of the mirror practicing how I would portray myself and how I would express my thoughts, failure still made me its prey. I guess job number sixteen isn't really for me. It was only between me and a barreled lady with a pixie cut that doesn't even match her features. I almost thought I already got the job right before I get into the final interview thinking that they will always pick the prettier ones but a bitch was dead wrong.

I felt awful for thinking it that way but I'm still happy that someone finally got a job. Who knows she got some hungry children to feed or might be a lazy husband to leave while I only have myself to take care of?

I let out a deep sigh of disappointment as I move my ass out of the building clearly trying to swallow the lingering reality that when I get home, I'm still unemployed. I just want to let my parents know that I can be independent, that I can feed myself and that I can take care of myself. While the financial support that I'm getting from them is all good and got me backed up, I still feel the urge of wanting to feel the complete gag of being an adult and for me that means getting a job. It isn't necessarily the first step towards independence and adulthood but it provides a lot of learning experiences.

My feet don't know where to bring my ass to at least distract the sadness brought by the rejection. I ended up going shopping, a strange addiction of mine, just to feel a sense of relief and forget the rejection that I got. I promised myself that I'm just going to go around and just check things. I'm dearly trying to resist spending but the saying is true. Promises are truly made to be broken. I ended up spending a grand on things that I don't even need.

When I got home I instantly remembered Dominic and me have an unfinished conversation earlier. I just can't express the swirling sensation of joy that I'm feeling after he called me. I always felt like we never truly forgot about each other, even after the fiasco that ruined our friendship and the truth that we have to move on with our separate lives, there's still this thought that keep on hoping he's doing fine.

I might as well call him back, I thought to myself. I've missed that guy so much that if I could just teleport immediately to where he is right now I certainly will. I really have to talk and apologize to him in person; after all, almost everything that happened to him started because of my poor life choices. I instigated a lot of shit that went down and eventually shattered his high school life. If I didn't attempt to become that one brave hero who jumps into battle and saves the day, he wouldn't be jumping into a disaster that he can't even control.

Our high school graduation is the saddest thing that I've been part of. Dominic stood on the podium with almost no one appreciating his milestone achievement. No one cared that he was the class Valedictorian. I'm proud of him though, that's a basic fact but he was not giving me a bit of attention that I can't express how proud and joyous I am for him. I guess this is the right time to finally fix that shit.

There's a part of me that already accepted the fact that our friendship had no chance of resurfacing after it sank. This might be the one chance that I'll truly get my high school best friend back.

I fished my phone from my bag and went on to dial the number that Dominic used and after a few rings he picked up.

"I thought you'd never call me back." The typical Dominic spoke over the phone. This is probably one of the things that I've missed about him. Every time I call, I never get a hello as an opening spiel. Instead he'll say whatever he wants. That simple understanding sits very well whenever we are together.