Chapter Sixty-Five

Valentine

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. I feel like it's been ten years since I boarded the plane, and my butt's already feeling the growing discomfort. I'm not used to traveling this long, and this flight made sure that I feel what it's like to travel for over eight hours for the first time. I kept on adjusting myself against the seat, and I didn't realize I was craving a dose of nicotine until I started feeling a bit dizzy. After almost twenty-four hours, the plane finally landed, and my journey to finding my one true love continues.

"Dominic mother******* Warren here I come!" I whispered to myself as soon as I stepped out of the plane. I'm getting more and more excited that I can't express how I'm feeling. My head and my heart were both having their own moment that I didn't even notice I was already sitting in the backseat of a taxi. The driver had to call for my attention several times before I told him to bring me to any of the hotels at the heart of the capital.

The flight was the longest trip that I've ever had in my entire life. I almost thought I'm going to die out of boredom, thankfully I met this recently married couple, and they were so much entertaining. I sat quietly in the backseat of the taxi, and I just realized that I don't have any plans at all. If Ivana was here, she'd probably created a whole list of things to do, like where to look first. I should've asked her to come with me, but she has some mother duties, and she can't just abandon her child just to help me chase the person that I love.

My eyes were focused on the fresh scenery just outside the window; however, my mind was levitating somewhere else. I remembered the couple that I met on the plane who gave me a bit of advice about what to do once I find what I'm looking for, and I wished I'd asked for more. I was just so freaking jealous about how intimate and sweet they were to each other that asking for more advice never really crossed my mind. They told me about their love story, of how they met, of how they fought, and of how they made up to each other years later. Hearing their story did nothing but inspire me. I admit it was a typical love story, it's even similar to mine, but I definitely felt the breeze of true love.

The driver dropped me off in front of this fancy hotel, and as I inched my way towards the reception, I began to imagine the things that I would do once I see Dominic. I'm going to tell him how much I regret taking revenge on him and that I will do whatever it takes to make up for it. I'm going to let him know how much of a goner I will be if I don't get the chance to prove to him that he's the one I want to be with for the rest of my life.

I know traveling all the way across the pond to find the person who stole my heart will be extremely difficult, but this is the kind of risk I am willing to take. This is my one final chance of chasing my happiness, and I don't want to fuck this shit up like I did before. Dominic is just out here somewhere, and I'm going to hunt him down.

The receptionist finally handed the key to my room, and as soon as I saw the comfortable bed, my body was instantly seduced by its mattress. I didn't even get the chance to be amazed by how expensive and chic my room was until I woke up a few hours later. I only had like five hours of sleep, but the sun's already up above the Singaporean horizon. I can still feel the exhaustion caused by that long-ass flight, my muscles were aching, and I badly need a cup of coffee. Still wearing the same clothes from the flight, I smelled awful, but it didn't even matter. I propped myself out of bed, and I ordered some coffee before entering the shower. By the time I was finished, my coffee had arrived along with some toast. I ended up taking my morning breakfast, a toast, a cup of coffee, and a cigarette on the balcony.

"Now it's time for me to make some plans." I told myself after laying my eyes on the metro scenery and having my first sip of coffee. The panoramic view isn't any different from where I work; there are many protruding buildings, the streets are loud and busy, and aside from my cigarette smoke, you can see the pollution. I sat at this asymmetrical chair made out of wood and glass as I opened a new file of notes on my phone.