Chapter Forty-Six

Vincent

The hot water trickling down on my dry and dirty skin touched me with such a refreshing sensation that I've been missing for several days. The soap felt pleasant and delicate as I let its smoothness roam throughout my skin. I don't know why I haven't been taking a shower for almost five days. In fact, I don't know what's going on with me. It's been a week since the day that I decided to let this beast named loneliness inside my unit, and it has completely taken over me. It has successfully shackled my feet and arms, completely preventing me from doing a lot of things that I used to do. I don't feel like doing anything at all. I don't feel like attending my classes, and I'm starting to miss a lot of them. I don't feel like I want to go out and have some fun like I used to do. Day after day, I feel like I'm losing a single part of me.

I'm still trying to accept the fact that Keiran and I aren't really going to get back together anymore. And the process of that has taken a toll on me. I feel like a worthless human being and pondering about the thought that I was the one who ruined our relationship makes it even more agonizing and regretful. Keiran didn't deserve what I did to him and now that I'm paying the price. The wrath of remorse isn't holding back on me.

I stayed under the shower for almost twenty minutes, noting to myself that I just want to enjoy the solitary confinement offered by these four tiled walls. A few moments later, and my hunger became unbearable. I did everything quickly, and as I emerged out of the shower, I rushed and slipped on some clean clothes before eventually heading towards the couch.

"You smell nice," Yhannie said the moment I sat right beside her.

"What about you? Did you take a shower?" I tried teasing her.

"Of course I did. I just had an exhausting day and the first thing I did when I got home was to take a long and warm shower." She sounded so much proud of herself. "And I finally got hired so!"

"Really?" I reacted. So that's why she's acting a little proud of herself today. She finally got a job. "Congratulations! I guess we'll have to celebrate then!"

"That's why I'm here," She replied.

"Just with these?" I asked, referring to the boxes of pizza and chicken wings that she had brought.

"Oh, of course we're going to party but not tonight," She really thought I wanted to party. I was kind of expecting some other type of food. Pizza and wings are overrated after all.

"Tomorrow night then?" I looked at her, and she looked back at me, and there's like a contract signing that happened.

"Tomorrow night!" I uttered.

I hurriedly opened the box of pizza and chicken wings while Yhannie was busy looking for a movie on Netflix. I started eating a slice of pizza, and by the time I was about to grab a chicken wing, Yhannie has finally found a movie.

"What did you choose?" I asked redirecting my vision towards the television screen.

"It's called Someone Great," She replied.

"Sounds like a generic romance film to me," I shrugged relatively dismissing the film and turned my focus on dipping the chicken wing to my favorite garlic sauce.

"Why are you so grumpy?"

"Hm, I don't know." I spat, almost bored. "Is that the girl from Jane the Virgin?" I asked, pointing at the television screen.

"Yup. It's Gina Rodriguez"

"Okay, she's a good actress."

We ate in absolute silence while watching the film. At first, I wasn't even trying to get serious about watching the film. And it's because I don't want to watch another romantic film when I'm currently on the process of accepting my loss that resulted from my own mistakes. I don't want to get false hope and be back to square one again, so I was trying not to get very much serious. But as we go further into the film, it has captured my focus, and it unexpectedly became something personal to me. It's like the film is speaking to me and I'm listening to every word it's saying. It got my attention perfectly hooked that I wasn't even listening to Yhannie's critical comments about the film. My eyes and ears were glued throughout the entire film, and even though it's very evident that it lacked originality, it still felt so much relatable, at least to me.