Chapter Forty-Five

Yhannie

There's no denying the lingering fact that Dominic and Valentine are truly meant for each other. If you ask me, I don't think I've seen this kind of film before, but I think I know where this is heading. When Dominic admitted that he wants to win Valentine's heart back, I wasn't even shocked at all. Of course, I have to pretend like I've seen a ghost for the first time, but in reality, I know how much Dominic loves Valentine and for him to admit his plans to me wasn't even that astonishing. Somewhere in a different world inside my head, I wished they would just get back together and let go of each other's baggage, no matter how heavy they are. But I know that's not going to happen just as easily as I would've wanted to. If only it's as easy as cooking some Korean noodles or ordering some food from outside, but it isn't. Winning a former lover back takes a delicate process, effort, a whole lot of forgiving and understanding. As Dominic's closest friend, I have this unspoken understanding of him. It's like there are some things that I see in him that he doesn't even see himself. And I know how much he loves Valentine. Back in high school, I've seen how much he cared for Valentine. At first, I know it was only hatred that he feels for the then fuckboy Valentine. That hate didn't grow if it wasn't for my dumb decisions, after all. But Dominic's feelings gradually changed as soon as they began hanging out with each other. Dominic certainly brought his magic wand, chanted some spell, made his magic happen, and poof, Valentine became a new person, a better person. If only Dominic wasn't caught up with that fiasco with Valerie, everything wouldn't end up like this.

I sat quietly in my own car as I watched Dominic enter Valentine's car. I took a heavy sigh and hoped for the best to happen. I'm just worried that Dominic might fuck this up once again. He's an overthinker, and that's why he even needs to set up some rules to win back Valentine when he doesn't even need to. It's true that Valentine still has feelings for Dominic. I don't believe with those sparks in the eye bullshit that Dominic is saying, but I believed him when he felt that Valentine still has feelings for him. Why else would Valentine reach out as far as this just to organize a birthday party for him? Valentine even got Nick's mom to participate in this act.

I'm going to hope the very best for both of them. I firmly believe that love will eventually make its thread work, and they should probably stitch up and someday meet each other in the middle.

I bit my lip and chuckled at the sudden thought that popped inside my head. They both love each other, but they were both running in circles, one trying to catch the other. How unfortunate to witness them run in circles. If it's only up to me, I will most probably jump in between and slap them both, but that job is already taken by destiny. Also, I couldn't even fix my own shit, so I'm very much underqualified for the job. Yes, I will confirm that I'm a human being too, and I do have my own shit as well, and it would be better for me to fix that before fixing someone else's.

After Dominic and Valentine had left, I started my engine and began driving back to my apartment. By the time I arrived at my apartment, I was surprised to see Trevor waiting in front of my unit. I'm not informed that we're supposed to see each other tonight. This is a complete surprise to me. We were supposed to be careful.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked curiously as I inched my way closer to him. "You didn't tell me you're coming,"

"I just missed my baby," He replied and gave me a tight hug. He is most definitely drunk again.

"But we just saw each other like three days ago." I uttered while busy fishing for my keys.

When we both got inside my unit Trevor aggressively pushed me against the wall and started kissing me. He cupped my face and went on to suck my lips. I kissed him back as my natural response, but then I pushed him away.