Chapter Twenty-One

Dominic

The next morning, I woke up comfortably, curled up in Spencer's inner spoon as he hugged me while he snored inaudibly. I can feel his skin against mine. My eyes took some time to struggle and adjust from the bright filaments of the sun rising towards the horizon that cut right into the room. Parts of Spencer's sheet were still drenched with our mixed sweats from last night's unbelievably steamy session. Pulling Spencer's arm tighter on me, I shut my eyes once again and convinced myself to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. My first time with him was just gentle, nothing aggressive, but last night was undoubtedly even more hardcore than I could've ever expected from him. I didn't recognize that I was already putting Spencer on a pressure cooker to perform with such heat and intensity until I accidentally moaned Valentine's name. I don't know if he heard what I said and just chose to brush it off of his shoulder. I'm pretty sure he's deeply absorbed by what his performance that he forgot about it almost immediately. Little did he know that in my fantasy world, I was looking at Valentine when, in reality, it was Spencer who's making me scream and twitch with a maximum dosage of pleasure.

Does Spencer deserve this kind of treatment? I asked myself. The pang of guilt gutted me alive.

In my head, the visions never stopped. The film started from the first time that I kissed Valentine at the back of a sedan at Francine's house party, and it quickly transitioned to when he kissed me in the comfort room and then when we were both alone in detention. It continued from our unplanned first date at the beach towards those steamy times we spent inside his car, the cuddle moments in my bedroom, and his bedroom. I became the witness of how genuinely happy he was back then. I saw how he was finally starting to let me inside the walls he'd built to protect himself. I saw how he was ready to change because of me until it suddenly went to a sharp curve to where I had no other choice but to destroy him in front of everyone.

Did I really have no other choice? I asked myself once again. Maybe there had been a lot of options for me that I didn't recognize them. I just realized that I'm the real loser of the game I played. The moment I fell in love with Valentine is the moment I lost the game.

The supercut of us kept looping in my head as if it has only one goal of reminding me of everything. It reminded me of the magic we gave off. It reminded me of the love that I lost. It reminded me of how terrible I am as a person. But its real goal isn't to remind me of everything; it was to punish me. The Valentine train was slowly asphyxiating me.

I had to do something to make this Valentine train stop for good. I had to stop seeking for temporary relief when it's crystal clear that I needed a permanent solution. If Valentine had already moved on from everything, then why am I still hurting? If he had already found someone else, then why am I still stuck in this shit?

I removed Spencer's arm from hugging me and rolled out of the bed. I stared at his peacefulness for a moment with my naked body that he'd just dipped in with. You're a great guy, but this will be the last time that I will see you. I thought to myself. I searched for my boxers and pants that were thrown at the end of the bed and quickly slipped on them. I took one last glance from Spencer before finally walking out of his huge bedroom to the couch where we started. I picked up my phone, checked the time before finally slipping into my shirt, and ultimately deciding to leave this expensive place.

"Where have you been last night?!" My mom inquired when we all sat together for an early dinner. She cooked her very own version of chicken wings and pasta that smelled so delicious. I'm not just quite certain if it will taste as good as the ones we eat outside. My mom has been doing a lot of homemade cooking since I got home.

"We just had a sleepover," I replied quickly, refusing to look her in the eye.

"Valentine?" She followed up.