Chapter Eighteen

Valentine

I cupped Ivana's little face and slowly fastened her lips to mine. I almost cannot believe that I'm doing this right now and I don't even know what came over me to even do this. It's not like I never kissed a girl before, a brief history of my life would enlist lots of women, but I surely did forgot how to kiss a woman. Ivana, obviously taken aback by the unpredictability of my action, showed a little bit of resistance at first. But a simple pinch to her ear gave her with no other choice but to go along with the flow. Willingly inserting her glossy lips to mine, she kissed me back with calculated fervor just as she would do if she's out there answering a booty call from a straight guy. The thought of her actually being turned on by my kiss makes me want to puke directly at her. I just wanted her to go with the flow but this woman is going with the flow as if she's creating the flow herself.

"I love you, babe!" I uttered after unclasping away from the kiss subsequently snaking my arm around Ivana's shoulder.

"Love you too babe!" She replied and I can already feel by her tone that she's laughing hysterically deep inside.

We both turned our heads to face Dominic and his boyfriend ultimately acting like we were shocked at the sight of them.

"Oh hey, Dominic, right?" Ivana spoke pointing at Dominic who was evidently startled to see us.

Dominic was noticeably in shock, I guess he's probably having an earthquake inside of him right now, but it's quite impressive that he only took a quick second to fully recover and replace that frozen stare into a fraudulent joyous smile.

"You remembered me! Ivana, right?!" Dominic replied inching his way a little bit closer to his boyfriend. I have to admit that hearing his voice for the first time in five years sent an intensified tremor right straight into my fickle heart. His voice developed a little bit now that I've heard him talk. "And, you are with Valentine" He briefly turned his attention to me and then sneered with such confidence.

"Hi" I mumbled, almost inaudibly flinching as if I'm a scared turtle quickly hiding back to its shell at the sight of potential danger. I couldn't even look at Dominic in the eye that I just managed to look down then sideward and then back to Ivana. Standing right in front of him is fucking surreal.

"Look at you. You got yourself a nice hot guy here," Ivana said seemingly going in for the kill, "Is he your boyfriend?" She asked Dominic innocently.

"Ah no were ju-"

"Oh ye-" Both Dominic and his boyfriend spoke at the very same time ultimately cutting each other off midsentence. They both exchanged an awkward look with Dominic ultimately gaining the right spotlight to speak for both of them.

"Uhm, yes, and no," Dominic spoke and seemed to be having a little bit of trouble in keeping his composure. "No he's actually not my boyfriend but yes, we are currently on a date" Dominic admitted. His confession brought a sudden relief and quite a pang both at the same time.

"Oh my bad, I thought you were together. You both look good together though" Ivana trailed, her tone is becoming rather contemptuous than what I've expected of her. I'm kind of the one ornament that's fading in the background here. Out of all the people here, I feel like I have the right to speak to Dominic but I just don't know exactly how to construct all of these brick of words that being thrown inside my mind into an actual sentence and here we have Ivana confidently spitting the exact opposite of what I wanted to say with such ease.

"So are you. You are both looking good together" Dominic beamed pointing at us acting unaffected by the words that he'd just let go. "You look perfect together," Maybe he's unaffected at all. Maybe he'd really forgotten about me.

"Aw thank you!" Ivana squeaked. "A lot of people actually tell us that we don't look perfect together, that's obviously their own opinions but you are the first person to say that." Ivana continued creating this fucked up fantasy that I didn't even told her to do. I was left with no other choice but to pinch her arm to let her know that I do not like what she's telling them but she acted as if she's unbothered by the pain.

"Aah really?" Dominic said. "By the way this is Spencer" Dominic finally decided to introduce us to his guy. "And Spencer this is Ivana and Valentine. We all went to the same high school together"

"Nice to meet you Spencer," Ivana shook Spencer's hand and when Spencer offered to shake mine I just smiled and waved my hand at him. I refuse to shake his hand or even acknowledge his presence and I hope that sends a message to Dominic.

Dominic's introduction of me appeared to be lacking in the details that I wanted to hear from him, in fact, he made it seem like we are simply acquaintances and nothing more. Does that mean he had already forgotten about me? Does that mean he never had feelings towards me at all? Does that mean he never loved me in the first place? I wanted him to tell Spencer that I'm the one he destroyed, that I'm the one he toyed, that I'm the one he killed. I want those words to come flying straight out of his mouth. In my head, I wanted to open my mouth and set the record straight but there's a dominant part of me that's forcing me to just shut the fuck up.

For a second, I finally mustered the courage to set my eyes and look directly at Dominic who showed no signs of vulnerability and tried to tell him that I fucking miss him and that he owes me a lot of explanations.

"Are you here to watch some movies?" Dominic asked purposely brushing off the awkward silence that came to sweep over this rather uncomfortable conversation.

"Yup that's supposed to be the plan but we've actually decided that Netflix and chill is better" I finally opened my mouth. I feel like I want to explode at any moment but Ivana holding my arm kept me from releasing the clip of the bomb.

"Oh okay," Dominic replied. "I was kind of hoping that we could watch this movie all together" He continued pointing towards Dungeons and Dragons, a movie based on the game.

"Maybe next time" I grinned and then pulled Ivana.

Firmly gripping Ivana's arm, I dragged her once again until we were both inside my car breathing with exhaustion.

"That was like the most awkward conversation I've ever had" I breathed out just clenching the steering wheel and looking at a far direction. "What the fuck just happened?"

"Bitch shut the front door!" Ivana started, "You just kissed me right there without even telling me, what the fuck went through your mind?"

"HAHAHA I know right." I chuckled at the thought of it, "I'm so sorry Ivana, I don't know what I was thinking" I admitted. I just thought that maybe if I kiss Ivana right in front of Dominic then that will let him know that I have moved on from him a long time ago. I wanted to let him know that I'm okay, that the wounds he had inflicted on me have already healed.

"Now Dominic thinks that we are dating, is that what you want?" Ivana asked.

"I don't know," I breathed.

"Look! I get it, you want him to know that you've already forgotten about him, which is obviously untrue, but really dude? You are going to use me as your getaway car?" Ivana continued.

"I'm so sorry. I just feel like I want to hug him and punch him at the same time. I don't understand how I feel"

"And you actually chose to kiss me and pretend like we are dating" She replied.

"Believe me; I wanted to puke at you when you kissed me back" I chortled.

"And do you think I actually wanted to kiss you? Bitch, please!" Ivana exclaimed as she pulled her phone out of her bag. "You know what Val, you really need to start getting over Dominic for real this time"

"I'm trying"

"Well try harder. Dominic does not deserve your motherfuckin' ass plus he's already dating that hot dude,"

By the time I drove Ivana to her apartment, it was already past ten and I don't want to go home just yet. I don't want to go home and lie down on my bed with a lot of random things circulating through my mind that will only do nothing but to restrain me from easily obtaining a good night's sleep. I decided to have some beer and chill alone. I ended up aimlessly driving until I brought myself to the same acoustic bar.