Chapter Thirty-Four

Vincent

"I'll give your grandma's ring back. Please come over to my apartment."

I'm sitting over here at the balcony having a cup of strong coffee while stuck in a maelstrom of inviting Keiran over. I stared idly at the message that I just typed more than fifteen minutes ago hoping that it would just press send by itself so I won't be bugged by even doing it myself. I just kept on blinking on it and breathing on it with the intent of baiting Keiran like a fish caught in a hook. Pressing the send button seems to feel harder than typing the message and I just don't understand why. Maybe it's because the message is pretty much straightforward than what he might expect. Maybe it's the looming fact that I just want to see him. Keiran had been asking for his grandmother's ring for the past few months and I'm just ignoring his inquiry. His grandma's ring is the only thing I have that will make him come over without any second thoughts.

I moved my sight away from my mobile phone and slowly towards the beautiful skyscrapers of the city. I mustered a deep sigh. I feel like I'm holding the ring as a hostage in exchange for him coming back to me. What did the innocent ring ever do to deserve such treatment? I feel totally awful for planning this and to think that I've always believed that I'm not a bad person at all. Perhaps just a fresh ripe apple on top of the crate. I swiftly moved my sight back to my phone and thought maybe I am a bad person. Maybe I am a rotten apple after all.

My phone's backlight kept on turning black and I just kept turning it back on just to gaze idly at the set of words that I'm about to send.

"I'll give your grandma's ring back. Please come over to my apartment."

One deep inhale and I erased the message telling myself that it's a straightforward lie. I'm not saying that Keiran won't believe it but the truth is I won't really return his grandma's ring. I just want to talk to him. I just want to touch him again. I want to feel his arms embracing me to a deep slumber. I want to hear his actual voice, that deep husky voice that never failed to turn me on.

I took a long sip of the strong black coffee inadvertently wishing that it would wake me up to this reality. The reality that I'm still hanging on with this one even though I perfectly know that I'm holding on to nothing.

"Hey, can we talk?"

I stared at the new message that I just typed and practically thought Keiran would just ignore this. Two minutes later, I ended up clearing the message once again.

"Are you available today? I just want to you about something."

This message seems to sound okay but it isn't certain. I laid my phone on the table and went inside to refill a cup of coffee and when I came back I quickly erased the message and retyped the first one.

"I'll give your grandma's ring back. Please come over to my apartment."

That's it. That's final. I closed my eyes and quickly pressed the send button and then shut my phone immediately feeling a surge of regret but I've already sent it and now it's to wait. A part of me wishes that he'll respond fast as a lightning bolt but the other part hopes that the he'll just ignore it.

A minute passed by and then two and two became five however there's no response at all. I slowly transitioned to a positive note that maybe, just maybe, he's somewhat busy doing something somewhere but then another five swept by and I began to think he just ignored my text. Maybe I should send him another text message.

I finished my coffee and went to have a quick shower or at least I thought that was a quick shower. It was a thirty minute long shower than what I've anticipated. At first I was just standing under the trickling water silently letting the coldness drip down on my body. And then I began reaching for the soap, rubbing it to create foams and tardily stroking it onto my body. I didn't know I was already beginning to hallucinate. My lonely mind unwittingly conjured an image of a man passionately getting into action. I can't see his face but his body is definitely meaty as I would've imagined it. He has this toned muscles and a bushy chest. I can see and feel him caress and stroke and fondle my body pleasurably turning the heat on, although in reality I was just alone pleasuring myself. It's been months that I haven't had any action and even thought touching myself to pass the time feels good it still felt short.