Chapter Thirteen

Vincent

"Just in case you forgot, we are here to forget and let go. What's with that saggy face?" Yhannie, eating her stake and trying hard to act as sophisticated as she wanted to be paused for a moment just to call me out by pointing her fork directly at me. I almost didn't notice that I was just staring blankly at my food and deeply thinking about Keiran.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something else" I shook my head and picked up the fork and knife as I regained my consciousness back.

"Don't you mean someone else? Jesus Vincent, this is your freakin' idea in the first place, you dragged me into this shit. Quit thinking about him."

"I know, it's just..... I just can't wiggle him off my mind" I admitted. Several months have already passed since the break-up and at this point, there's honestly no point in lying.

I haven't told Yhannie everything about what exactly happened between me and Keiran which I know makes me elusive in a way, but the bottom line here is that she's here to willingly join me in my very own quest of getting over Keiran. I'm just sort of glad that she doesn't ask a lot of questions about it.

"You know what Vincent. If you truly want to get over him I suggest you should be honest about what you truly feel. If you feel like you miss him, just say it. If you feel like you want to cry, just do it. If you feel like you want to scream the hell, just scream,... just don't do it right now okay!"

"That seems....."

"Shhhhhh I'm not done talking yet" Yhannie cut me off and continued to her speech. "I once stumbled to a poem about getting over someone or something, I don't know but it goes like this 'When pain knocks on your door, let it in. If you don't, it will knock harder and harder. Its voice will become louder and louder. So let it in. Spend some time with it. Have tea with it. Understand it. Then let it leave. Welcome some new visitors', you get that?" She looked at me for a moment as if I'm some slow person who needs time to let something sink in before finally getting back to slicing her stake.

"Wow, that was some damn good poem!" I cried out. "I didn't even know you love reading poems"

"I said I stumbled," She corrected me before putting a slice of stake straight into her mouth and chewed loud as fuck as if she's one of those ASMR artists from Youtube.

While we were on our way to this acoustic club that Yhannie insisted we visit first before dropping to the real party, I've thought of the poem that she just said earlier. It screams truth to me, the pain has been knocking on my door for months and each day the knocking is getting louder and louder and louder to the point where I can't stand the noise anymore, but how do I let it in? How do I open the door and expect the pain to hug me immediately? And should I hug it back? How do I do that?

Keiran showed and let me feel how much he loved me, almost in every way he knows how to get me, he knows how to put a smile on my sunken face, he knows how to uplift my spirit when I'm feeling really down and it's tremendously tormenting to think that I found Keiran cheating on me with someone else. Maybe in a few months, I would've already got over it, it would've been so easy to forget about that cheating bastard but to think that he cheated on me with a girl raised a lot of questions at the back of my mind, and even up until now those questions aren't answered yet.

We arrived at this acoustic bar after a fifteen-minute drive that felt like forever and I immediately discerned this specific calming vibe presenting itself with the bar's ambiance as soon as we found ourselves inside. It's weird why I described it calming when it's clearly a bar nonetheless, but the fact that they are playing some acoustic music gives me this chill kind of vibe that I only feel whenever I go to the beach or a resort or just lowkey having my coffee at my balcony while listening to some Boyce Avenue. The background music is purely soothing, loud but not noisy and it almost makes me want to just sit down in a table, have some drinks, and pretty much gossip about everything along with my friends. The place isn't crowded which made it so much easier to breathe. Yhannie and I chose to settle at a table far away from the stage where the band is performing, so far away yet so in the clear that we can still have a nice view at the band from our spot.