Chapter Thirty-One

Dominic

I can't believe Valentine just fucking kissed me. Here I am lying like a dead man on my bed lazily staring above the ceiling as I pondered and basked about how much dosage of heaven I felt with that kiss. I've totally forgotten the feeling of a kiss coming from the person that I've hurt long time ago and that kiss from last night certainly felt like I was kissing him again for the very first time. I was shooting to the moon.

I was actually planning on ditching Lyndon's invitation last night but a part of me knew he was that one good guy with a bad guy demeanor. He was mysterious in some ways and that's what's keeping me from ditching him for good. I know he's a stripper and he uses the holy weed but that doesn't make him a bad guy as per my judgment. His mother, Lissa, is the sweetest old lady I've met in my entire life and I can totally tell that there are a lot of things that she has yet to discover about his one and only son. I don't want to admit it but I totally felt something with Lyndon. Something I've never felt before and that I'm a hundred percent interested in venturing to an adventure of uncovering this. And then there's Valentine Grande. If I did follow through my habitual plan on ditching every other guy that I sleep with and ditched Lyndon then I wouldn't have encountered Valentine in his seductive teasing form. That guy suddenly showed out of the blue at the club and nonchalantly pulled me to a dark alley just to give me that kiss. That freaking kiss that I've always wanted from him. I can't stop thinking about his lips sucking my tongue and my tiny body slammed on his buffer built. He's teasing me and I know that for sure. He told me he already has a wife and a kid and hearing those phrase made me feel nothing but crestfallen. He just left me hanging and hard. I had no other choice but to go back to the club still feeling my hormones spiked and I went looking for Lyndon. He was all confused about what happened when I found him and I had to quickly concoct a lie about Valentine just to get away from the upcoming inquisition. When the party was over, he invited me back to his apartment unit and even though I wanted to let this pre-existing heat be released into the wild, my confused self just declined his proposal.

I went home by myself somehow horribly confused, sexually aroused, mad and starving. I don't know what was happening around me. Everything is happening so swift that I wasn't keeping up. I was having a lot of thoughts and mixed emotions last night that I just had to retreat. Lyndon was very passive and just let me go when I told him that I don't want to go home with him. I had a gut feeling that he will insist that he should take me home but I was dead wrong. He did not insist on it and for a while I was very happy about his decision. At least, I don't have to worry about getting away from him.

The ceiling seemed to hate me that I had to wake up and live for the day. I spent the day being brutally punished by my hangover. I felt so dehydrated that I consumed a lot of liquid in hopes of rehydrating my system but I just got bloated much to my disappointment. I felt totally sick. My body is out of energy and I almost thought I was going to die. The next two days I was just planning on staying at home and spend some time with myself. A me time as they'd call it.

One lazy morning as I was tapping on my phone, I suddenly realized that I got Yhannie's phone number from Vincent. I quickly looked for her phone number and dialed it. I've missed her so freaking much, and so much like my sentiments towards Valentine; I also want to turn back time for her. And although we didn't have the right moment to talk things out and sort our friendship, I still wanted to talk to her. We kind of separated without proper closure and this time, I wasn't mad at her any more. Her phone rang and rang and rang for a long moment and then went to an automated voicemail. I guess she's busy or something but I was determined to rekindle my estranged friendship with her and so I waited for five minutes before redialing her number. It rang again before going to voicemail. I did the same action for about six times and I knew she isn't going to pick up. Or maybe Vincent just provided me with the wrong phone number. I got utterly anxious about that and went on to stalk his social media. I saw some pictures of them together partying in a club, having a coffee and basically just hanging out like the way we used to. I got instantly jealous somehow but I realized that Vincent did give me the right number. There's no real reason for him to provide me with the wrong one.