Chapter Forty-Nine

Vincent

I was so much excited to go to the club after such a long time, and this is precisely the best time for that. I wanted to get wasted as fuck and just dance this hurt out until I forget how it feels. I want to get myself as drunk as fuck to forget this pain that even when I wake up, the only pain I'll be feeling will be coming from my hangover. It's quite hard to swallow the fact that I finally closed this chapter of my life, and the only thing I can do now is to reminisce all those beautiful and ugly days. But I know in the next few weeks I'll be alright. It's just hard to let go of something that you valued the most, and although I've made a lot of mistakes, I deserve to be freed from these shackles.

We've had enough cocktails and tequila which didn't fail to grant us the right energy for a wild party. My veins are pumped for a wild craze. I noticed how Yhannie got a firm grip on the steering wheel and just drove like it's fast and furious. I was kind of worried for a bit, but we arrived at our destination safe and sound. The club wasn't that loud when we checked in. There were a few early birds, and the music was still kind of low-key. We ordered a vodka, and as soon as they served it on our table, I immediately poured a glass as if I haven't had some of these in years. After some time, the club started to get crowded and thus the party we came here for officially began. I sat almost beginning to get comfortable at my chosen corner and began grooving to the beat. I just don't feel quite drunk, yet so I didn't rush towards the dance floor. I almost thought this club is putting water on their vodka because it's not hitting me as quickly as I would've expected. I'm sure not having alcohol for weeks made my alcohol tolerance dwindle to the point where I get drunk quickly, but it seemed that wasn't the case at all.

Yhannie and Trevor were like some hung teenagers crashing a random house party, not giving a fuck about what people think about them. They're canoodling and giggling and kissing, and I just can't help but feel pretty bad for myself. I admit I'm getting envious and it's certainly not a good feeling with my current situation. I thought this night is only for Yhannie and me but then this Trevor guy who just showed out of nowhere and almost got me out of place. His spot was supposed to my spot. I wanted to remind Yhannie of what we are celebrating here for tonight, but it seemed like a selfish move to own Yhannie. After all, Trevor's her boyfriend, and I'm just her broken friend. I don't think Yhannie will choose me over this guy. I just zipped my mouth and gave them the space that they needed.

When Trevor went to the comfort room, I just had to take the opportunity really quick.

"I didn't know you have a boyfriend," I began pulling Yhannie's attention. I just want to poke her out, perhaps my goal is to plant some little seeds in her head, and hopefully, she'll realize that I actually exist.

"Yeah, about that." Yhannie inched her way a little bit closer to me. "I just want you to keep quiet about it. You're the only one who knows that we're dating besides us," She went on, and I was a little bit shocked by her.

"Oh? Okay, but why? Are you ashamed of him?" I asked more than curious. "I mean he has a little bit of an attitude for a man but," Trevor seemed like her type in terms of aesthetic. He has a good style, and he's hot, but I just feel like there's something in him that I don't like.

"I just want to keep our relationship in private, you know," Yhannie uttered in a heavy sigh. I do respect her decision one hundred per cent. It's her relationship anyway and who am I to announce to the world that she has a boyfriend. I just have to commend her for doing an excellent job at hiding this. We've been hanging out for a long time, and I'm just learning this just about now.