Chapter Fifty-Three

Dominic

A week had gone and passed since the last time I saw Valentine, and I'm already super itchy. I feel like a worm drizzled in salt. I wanted to see him as soon as I can, but I tried to calm myself down. I've been calling him every night, and it's so good to know that he's not snubbing me, so I guess that's a good sign that he's not ghosting me.

My mom came home a little bit late that we had to wait for her before we have our dinner. After eating dinner, I immediately rushed to my room and looked for my phone. I have to call Valentine. I know it's Friday night and I'm trying to have a wild guess that he's going to party. I was just about to dial his phone number when he popped up on my screen. He's calling me, and I couldn't help myself but smile.

"Val, I was just about to call you." I didn't even wait for him to talk.

"Yeah, I knew you're going to call me anyway, so I called you first instead." He replied, and hearing his voice made me feel so much better. "You aren't going anywhere right?"

"No. I mean it's Friday night but I don't feel like going to a party." I was surprised by what I said. It's true that I don't feel like going out tonight, in fact, I haven't partied for the whole week, but I admit I missed partying. Staying home and becoming that one couch potato isn't a good thing, and I should've been looking for a job at least.

"Would you like to come party here in my house instead?" Valentine asked. In my head, I've already agreed to this. I miss him so much that if I could just teleport to where he is, I will do it right now at this very moment.

"Are you hosting a party?" I asked.

"Your damn right! I'm definitely hosting a party,"

"Are you sure? I mean, obviously, I don't have anywhere else to go." I was trying to pretend to be hesitant, but I'm honestly excited to see him.

"Is that a yes?" He asked.

"Yes," I uttered, trying to hide my excitement.

"Do I need to come to fetch you?"

"No, it's okay. I'll just take a grab." I replied. As much as I'm excited to see him, I don't want my mom to see him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. I don't want my mom to see you at least this time. Did you know she kept on asking stuff about you this past few days?" I trailed. I can definitely say that I'm really my mom's son. She's really not afraid to express the joy she's feeling about Valentine. As much as I do, she's getting really excited to see Valentine again.

"Yeah, she's like how's Valentine doing? Why are you two not going out? And stuff like that."

"That's sweet of her,"

"It's not sweet, it's annoying." I uttered bluntly. To be honest, my mom's starting to get annoying. I'm not going to blame her for asking those questions, but I don't want to be bothered with it. It's getting in my head, and I don't want to fuck this up. "Anyway, I have to go now,"

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit then,"

I took a quick shower and slipped on some of my nice clothes. I'm not dressing for the party, but I'm dressing for Valentine motherfucking Grande. I had to style my hair and put on some perfume, and by the time I was finished, I sneaked out of the house. I had to wait for about fifteen minutes outside before the grab arrived.

The twenty-minute drive to Valentine's house felt like a century to me. I wanted to tell the grab to drive faster, but I'm not going to pay for his violation, so I kept my mouth shut. By the time I arrived at Valentine's house I was so much disappointed to see that there's no party going on. When Valentine opened the door, I was already psyched up to the party, but I see a single person inside. Valentine lied to me, but that's the best part of it. It's just the two of us again, and honestly, I'm more than okay with that. I'll get to have Valentine motherfucking Grande all to myself. He already ordered some food and prepared some drinks. We ended up watching a horror film which is somehow not my favorite genre.