PART-A........ LIFE AIN'T THAT SIMPLE

30th December 2017

Auckland, New Zealand

5:00 am

'Beep! Beep!' the alarm shouts..

'Ughh, why does this alarm always starts ringing when i'm having the best sleep?' i grunted for only getting an hour of sleep.

It's 5:00 am in the morning.I am way too punctual in these situations. I literally need 3 hours to get ready and run all the final checks smoothely. I got up with an up-side down smile on my face and removed the curtains to check if the sun was up yet. It unfortunately was. Wishing that hedious yet beautiful sun a good morning i headed to the kitchen to help myself with a cup of coffee. While pouring the coffee in my cup all i could think was about the day , how it's going to be and if I'd be lucky enough to meet that one person I've wanted to meet my entire life.

I usually remain very busy throughout the year. There's a lot of traveling I've to do. From the last few months i'm staying in various cities of New Zealand, my favourite country.This time I have been in Auckland for a month to attend 6 very important meetings that would enhance my business and once done before the prescribed time i was specially asked to do a week of workshops for my juniors working in manager's posts and teach them some important business lessons. Gawd! This management!
It was a small group of 7 people with four boys and 3 girls.

One day, after the tiring workshop, i was having coffee at the coffee-house beside the hotel ,and noticed Ryn, Elle and Tessa, my juniors laughing and having a good time while drinking Frappuccino.They were really sweet by nature, always on time and very dedicated towards their works . Being a punctual person, punctuality and dedication is all I want in my subordinates. They were truly devoted to what they do, and that's why I liked them.

"Ma'am?" Ryn called out.
I am usually a loner and seeing me having coffee at the coffee-house that too alone, they asked me to join them...

They are so funny and cool, just the kind of girls I'd like to hang out with. I am very professional and often prefer to keep my professional relations limited to my office only. And obviously the same has been happening with the girls too. But that evening at the coffee house forced me to make some amends. They shared their life stories and I came to know about their juicy personal lives. Juicy, because...well let's keep it a secret.

In the following days, i FINALLY got people to talk to over a coffee, all of us became friends , close friends ,we used to hangout often after the workshop. Though they respected me as their mentor, they never got over their stupid friendly banters when we were out of that musty room. I've had friends but not as sweet as them. Me, Ryn and Tessa were of same age and Elle was a year younger ( perks of being successful at an early age I guess).

Those workshops eventually got finished within a week and I still had a two weeks left in my hand to spent in new zealand. Enough time to enjoy the city!

Luckily, the India tour of New Zealand was going on and the next match was in auckland where i have been staying for the last few weeks and obviously, I HAD to be there.I was looking for tickets online only to find out there is a test match that's gonna happen that too after one and a half week ,when suddenly my phone rang.

................

'EllE', it flashed..I picked it up...

'Guess what!' Elle was in the top of her voice due to excitement...

'What?'

''All of us are going on a vacation!!!'' she screamed.Literally.

''Vacation? All of us?'' Wha-'' an ambivalent me asked

''Yeah, you remember the guy i told you about yesterday''

''uhh. Nayy I don't, care to tell me again?!''

"Dude! that indian guy at the bar! remember?....we spent a romantic night that day. c'mon ,you there?''

"Yea....yeah....absolutely....I do remember him now, what about him?''

''Today when we went for a date he invited me for a cricket match and you know, since I am not a big fan of cricket I tried to make up his mind for some other plans, and I thought of taking it tenderly so i asked him why exactly a cricket match and guess what he said,--- he said he's a cricketer''

''What the fuck! Who is he? What's his name?''

''You don't even remember that?...that Indian guy?..........Rishab?......Rishab Pant?"

''Are you serious? Your Rishab is the Indian cricketer Rishab.?.....what happened then?'' I was stunned.

''Yeah so he was like you keep talking about your friends then why not meet them , I was anyways thinking of doing it so it was fine but then he suggested that we , i mean all four of us , rishab and three other friends of his, should go on a vacation, since they got the christmas-new-year vacation for two weeks, so whatsay?''

I couldn't believe......Me?...Me going on a vacation with four cricketers? Four real cricketers? I was more than happy and didn't give it a second thought before aggreeing to the proposal.

''Yeah sure, I was anyways gonna get bored by just staying at the hotel and doing nothing, so yeah, when are we going then?'' I said while I tried to keep my voice as casual as possible. They don't know how obsessed i am with cricket or more accurately with CRICKETERS....

''I know right?....rishab asked his friend and they all agreed to come , so all of us will have a boy for us to hangout with, if you know what i mean..........So we've planned that we will book a villa in the bay of island. we will go by road.. They will be waiting for us near the east coast highway.We will pick them up from there and drive to the islands. We will book two cars to accomodate all 8 of us. Whatsay?''she said breathlessly. She literally talks a lot ! More than me!

''Yeah sounds fun, ,.....'' I kept silent

'' it'll be fun''

''Right..'' I said with a smile on my face ...

''Ok then, pack up, we're leaving tomorrow morning, 8:00 sharp''

''Whaaaat?, How's it possible, I haven't packed yet, have you even booked villas and cars?, we have only10 hours in hand?'' I almost screamed after looking at the clock which clearly says 9:32 pm

''Calm down, everything is set..i have taken care of it, or should i say rishab has taken care of it and none of us have packed, it isn't that big a deal, c'mon.....'' she almost whispered...

''....''

''You there?''

''Yes''.

''C'mon.You'll be on time..I know...It should be us who should worry about being on time. Go pack without wasting any other second....Goooooooo'' Elle yelled.

''Ok Ok. Bye then.''

''Yeah bye.See ya tomorrow at the coffee-house'' she said convinced.

I got up and started packing enthusiastically.
I stood in despair in front of my cupboard full of formal clothes. I knew I needed clothes and since I was running out of time, the best idea would be to leave the buying part for during the vacay. Till then, I could manage atleast something. I GUESS. Once i was done ,the clock flashed 4:00am . I thought of skipping the sleep but then i realised the following long day is not good for health if experienced without rest, I went to bed. You know BEAUTY SLEEP!!! After all I've got Cricketers to impress, can't afford any risk.

''Please god, I wish he is one of those other threes. I wish he comes, pleeeaaaseeee God. Good Night'',

I prayed and fell asleep.