LOVES REPEL

"I think I am gonna need a fill, I'll be back" Hardik said as he tried to excuse himself.

" You seriously have to come with better excuses, you are standing right beside the wine table" I said .

He gave me a  painful smile and left. I looked at Rahul, surprisingly, it wasn't awkward at all. "How you doing" I asked.
" Well good. What about you?" He replied back. "Same here" came in answer.

Hardik came back seeing us not talking to each other at all.
" Are you two talking in silence? Cause I don't see your lips moving?" Hardik mocked.

We talked casually for half an hour over Jell-O shots and i checked my watch to find out it's time for a date!!!!, but alex was nowhere to be seen. I called him and he informed that he is on his way.

" I'll probably leave now" I said

" What? Why? Ain't you going to have dinner with us" Hardik said

"I wish I could but i have to go somewhere"

" C'mon, we met after such a long time, can't your work wait. Wait. Is it anything work related or....." He left it unfinished.

"Yes, no, uhh I am actually going out with a friend of mine"

" So, kind of a date!! Good..cancel it please" Hardik pleaded and i realised rahul has been standing right beside him listening to our conversation eagerly.

" No, it's okay, I am sure your plans are important. We can wait. We have two months in hand" rahul said out of nowhere.
And I was kind of hurt listening to that arrogant tone of his.
I didn't answer.
Hardik realised the intensity of the situation and said, " so, friend huh?" I know he was trying to make a conversation but he was such a geek that he brought a topic that triggers us....

" Yeah!!! Actually he will be here, you guys wanna meet?" I said smiling and kind of on the verge of taking revenge. Hardik looked at me and then at Rahul and then back to me.
"Is he...is he coming here?" He looked nervous.
" Yeah, he will be here any minute now" as soon as I finished saying it ,my phone buzzed.
" I'm assuming you're having a good talk with your ex boyfriend and ex best friend" alex mocked over the phone. He is here!!!!
My eyes kept running through the hall and I found him standing and waving at me with a can-make-you-go-awww smile in a crisp white shirt and denims. I am soo proud that he came all well-dressed. Now my show-off will have a different level to it.

I gestured him to come towards us, he hesitated at first and then arrived. Hardik and Rahul's jaws dropped. Yes! His looks are worth that reaction.

" This is Alex" , I introduced him
"Hi" both of them said and shook hands.
" Hardik and Rahul right?" Alex said. They smiled.
"I've heard a lot about you two" he added.
" Of course you had" rahul said in a infuriated tone.

I disliked the way he was behaving, he can be rude with me, I don't care, but alex is not involved and he doesn't deserve the way he treated him.
Things got really awkward and we chit-chatted for a few more minutes and then out of nowhere rahul asked alex" Hey, do you mind if I talk to you for a moment,uhh.. alone? "
Alex gave me a quick glance and said, "yeah, sure"
" It's very loud here. We can go to the men's restroom if you are okay with it"
"Ohh, okay" Alex said and both of them left. My heart was in my hand. He wants to talk to alex privately???? What the hell is he upto?