BORING IS STILL COOL

After bidding an emotional goodbye to others we headed for the airport and boarded the flight.Our seats were obviously next to each other, we sat and we were having normal chit-chats. 

I was on the middle seat and another guy came and sat beside me. He was giving me very weird looks and was a sick person. I was feeling so uncomfortable that it was visible on my face. He was not touching me or anything but his face itself was like a nightmare. Rahul noticed my discomfort and asked me to sit beside the window. He gave the guy an angry look and i felt protected. Soon after the flight took off and I rested my head on the window and closed my eyes, it is going to be a long flight.

After an hour or so i woke up from my sleep and found Rahul listening to music with closed eyes. He must be asleep. He wasn't.'' Woke up?'' he said with a smile.

''Yeah, i thought you were sleeping too.''

''How can i sleep with this sick bastard beside me.'' he whispered to my ears

''It's okay. He won't do anything''

''Of course, he won't but i still don't trust him''

''That's sweet'' i said to myself while I flashed a warm smile on my face.

''What were you listening to?'' i asked.

'' You wannna hear?'' and he put the headset on me. It sounded,'' We'll find out what we're made of.......
When we are called to help our friends in need...........
You can count on me like one, two, three.....
I'll be there.....
And I know when I need it, I can count on you like four, three, two.........
And you'll be there............
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh, yeah''

''YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON ME'' i smiled and gave the headset back.

''I know and so can you''

''By the way i love the song, i love every song of Bruno Mars, they are so relatable''

'' I know right!!!'' his bright eyes became brighter.

We then talked more about music and it's significance and all.'' You should come visit my hotel someday.'' i said

''I WILL, i surely will, though that is the only restaurant i go to when i am in bangalore but this time i'll go there FOR YOU. It has got the best chinese and indian food, plus it's close to my house''

Apparantly, he visits my hotel quite often but since i remain most of the time in my cabin i never got to meet him.

''By the way i thought of asking you this earlier but nevermind,uhh, why don't you date, i mean why no boyfriends? Don't bellieve in love?''

''You think i don't believe in love?'' i inquired

''No it's just amuses me that a  girl like you, you know, beautiful , young and successful doesn't have a boyfriend. It's different than most stories of this generation.'' he tried to sound casual.

'' I just don't  want a toxic on and off love life. I just want someone who chooses me everyday even when i'm hard to deal with ''

''That's nice. That really is'' he said still not satisfied with my answer.

"You know I haven't even EVER kissed a guy." I said , still don't know why.

He gave me a weird look and exclaimed ''Are you for real ? These days i thought students start making out since 14 or 15 years of age and then there's you That's cool. I like that''

''Well i don't think it is. But i can't help. I just want my first kiss  with someone i love and who loves me back.''

''Hey that's sick. It's alright to feel that way. By the way, Is that why you didn't kiss me that day, during the truth and dare game?''

''Yeah'' i am glad he understood.

''SO YOU DON'T LOVE ME, HUHH?'' he mocked making a sad face.

''Of course, i love you, i mean................. just as a friend'' i lied. HAHAHAA YOU'VE NO FREAKING IDEA.

He smiled and i got red cheeks. We ordered coffee later. The flight was long but not at all boring. We listened to music with  one earbud in his ears and another in mine, we watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S., we ate burgers, all in all, that was the best flight i ever had.