Chapter Forty Eight

"I guarantee if you would've known that that's what I was planning on doing, you would've have agreed to take me to the school first," Charlie spoke as Trystan pulled into his neighborhood, rubbing her cheek slightly

She was in more than a lot of pain, and she knew that if she felt like a wreck then she probably looked worse. Although, from the looks of it she got Ocean pretty well, the girl could hardly stand on her own. Trystan was helping Charlie walk but she could've managed to walk on her own whereas Ocean could barely stand on her own, anytime she physically tried she almost fell back on her butt.

"Uh, actually..." Trystan trailed, his voice going a little higher at the end. Charlie glanced over at him, only for him to glance at her. "I wouldn't have stopped you, Charlie." He added.

"Really?" She asked as soon as he parked, the boy letting out a light sigh as he unbuckled.

"I mean, was it smart? No, probably not. You're going to probably get into some trouble for it, honestly. But, I said I'd support you and so, you could've just said 'hey, Trys... I wanna go up to the school and bitchslap the fuck outta Ocean for fucking with Ren' and I would've been like 'ok'." He shrugged at the end, earning a light chuckle from Charlie.

"I would've never said it like that," She said.

"I know, but I'm saying you could have, and I would have. That's the point, is you didn't tell me, but you could have and I would've stuck by you." His eyes drifted up to a spot on her head that was cut open by the bottom vent of the lockers when Ocean slammed her head against them, and he let out a small breath. "We gotta get your face all cleaned up. Blood makes me squeamish sometimes."

After admitting the small little secret of his, Trystan was out of his car in no time, Charlie following shortly behind him as quickly as she could. Her head was pounding, the sound of her head banging against the locker repeating over and over again as a sharp pain throbbed from where she hit her head. She had a feeling that either her or Ocean was going to end up hitting the lockers considering the hallways at Walden High School weren't as wide as most would like them to be, and the way that they were rolling around left and right going back and forth from being on top of each other made it obvious that at one point someone was going to use more than their bodies to hit each other.

And although Charlie played rough when it came to fighting by using her nails and pulling hair, she hardly ever used objects unless she absolutely had to, so obviously it was Ocean.

They got inside, the two being the only two in the house as since it was during the day and both of Trystan's parents were at work like they usually were. Trystan led her to the dining room instead of his bedroom like he normally did, where Charlie sat at one of the dining room chairs while he ran to grab stuff to help clean her face up.

It was silent in the Thompson household, the girl taking the opportunity to glance around the dining room and kitchen area since she didn't get to be up there much. It was a very clean area, although Charlie figured it was probably because Trystan was downstairs majority of the time while his parents weren't home, and when they were home they probably barely used this area of the house.