Chapter Fifty Six

As soon as Charlie and Ren pulled up to the Cooper household and got inside, they saw that Carolyn had already slept a few hours and gotten up and out of the house for the day

As soon as Charlie and Ren pulled up to the Cooper household and got inside, they saw that Carolyn had already slept a few hours and gotten up and out of the house for the day. This meant that they had the house to themselves, which although Charlie did like spending time with her mother she did like having the house to herself because that meant there was no chance of anyone walking in on her and Ren doing anything - although nothing had gone further than some steamy makeout sessions.

Plus, the one time it may have gone further, it was interrupted by Trystan calling her.

When they got inside the house, Ren locked the door behind him and they did their usual routine of checking to see if anyone was there; which there wasn't, like there usually wasn't. They went straight for Charlie's room, almost forgetting that it had been a complete mess because after Charlie had been through her depressive episode, she had basically no time to clean it up.

"I- I should probably clean this, huh?" Charlie asked as she glanced around at her disgusting room, cringing at how nasty it looked. It was hardly ever like that, that was the worst it had ever been which was probably one reason her mom knew she was so heartbroken over Ren in the first place.

"Probably," Ren said, before turning to grab Charlie's hand. "Or-" He then stopped as he smirked at the girl, trailing his hands from hers up her arms as he cupped her cheeks. "We could continue what we were doing earlier."

"If I don't clean my room now I'll probably never get it done, Renny." Charlie breathed out, although his lips were now extremely close to hers, only centimeters away.

"I'll help you, then." He began to pull away, but then shook his head. "Later. I'm too tempted right now. And pissed at Trystan for interrupting us in the first place."

Before Charlie could muster out a reply, Ren softly pressed his lips to hers, the girl almost instantly forgetting about the fact that she was trying to clean her bedroom. She kissed him back, her hands slowly trailing up his chest and to the sides of his neck. They kissed like that for a moment before Ren finally picked the girl up without warning, an almost inaudible gasp escasping Charlie's lips.

He carried her over to her bed, somehow not managing to step on anything that was on her floor before gently laying her down, pressing his lips to hers again. He deepened the kiss, smiling in victory as Charlie's phone didn't go off and interrupt them this time.

They kissed like that for a few moments, before Ren pulled away and began kissing down Charlie's neck. Just as he was about to do something he'd never done before- which was try to give her a hickey, both of their phones began to ring at the same time, causing them to stop what they were doing and send each other confused looks.

"Why does this happen every fucking time?" Ren asked, a frustrated look on his face.

Charlie just rolled the boy off of her, walking over to her purse where both of their phones were at. Ren cleared his throat as he refused to stand up, covering himself with a blanket. "Ca-could you just... throw my phone to me?" He asked awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.