19

- If We Have Each Other; Alec Benjamin - 

"What was what, exactly?" Charlie asked, taking a deep breath as she looked between the two girls.

"Cut the bullshit, Charlie. I've been silent for too long now. I just saw Renfrow kiss your head. Now, if you don't tell me I'll wait till the end of the game and call him out on the bullshit." Jade tried to be a hardass about it, but Charlie just blinked, showing that it didn't work.

"Okay."

Charlie knew that Ren wouldn't say too much about it either, because the truth was that neither of them knew what they were. They'd both said they were friends - which is what they were. They're friends, and they both clearly like each other. Well, Charlie doesn't realize how much Ren likes her back, and Ren has a feeling that Charlie likes him back, but at the same time, he's not too sure because she's a very closed-off person and can accidentally send mixed signals.

"Well, that didn't work out like I thought it would. You're not soft anymore," Jade spoke as she narrowed her eyes at the girl.

"Can't you guys just leave Charlie alone now?" Tyler asked as he cut himself into the conversation.

"What?" Jade asked, looking over at the curly-headed boy. "What are you babbling about?"

"You two have been grilling her about her crush since the game started. It's already past halftime. No wonder she ran off, I'd run too." Tyler sighed, "Ignore them, Charlie. They're being stupid."

"Excuse me?" Kiya asked.

"I'm just saying. As mentioned numerous times, we came here to have a good time. How can we have a good time when you're bringing Charlie down by making her talk about something she literally doesn't want to talk about? It's bringing me down." He motioned a hand at Charlie.

"I kind of agree with what's his face," Mikey spoke up, leaning forward to see everyone.

"What?" Kiya asked, her face falling.

"It's just- Ky, we're supposed to be having fun. You've not once talked to me about our usual football talk because all you've done is focus on Charlie and Renfrow. I get you're wanting something to happen but if Charlie isn't ready, don't force it." Mikey held his hands up as he talked.

Charlie looked around, slightly embarrassed that this conversation was even happening. She was supposed to be here to watch Ren - not talking about her and Ren. This was not happening.

"You guys are ridiculous," Jade grumbled, crossing her arms.

"No, you girls are ridiculous," Tyler retorted. "Imagine how Charlie feels."

"Let's ask. She's right here," Jade spoke. "How do you feel Charlie?"

"I-"

"Don't put her on the spot like that. Any friend of Charlie's knows she hates that." Tyler cut Jade off.

"Are you saying I'm not a good friend?" Jade asked, her brows raised.

"Nope. Never said that." Tyler shook his head.

"You're implying it," Kiya said.

"You weren't in this." Tyler held a hand out, "So..."

"Okay guys," Charlie quietly said.

"No, okay, I'm a good friend and I know she hates that but we were talking about her as if she weren't here so I figured we might as well just ask her-"