Chapter Thirty One

Charlie glanced over at Tyler after Jade's comment, before glancing straight ahead of her at Trystan, who even looked genuinely surprised at Ren's walk-out

Charlie glanced over at Tyler after Jade's comment, before glancing straight ahead of her at Trystan, who even looked genuinely surprised at Ren's walk-out. He just made a surprised face, before nodding his head for her to go out after him. She wasted no time, rushing past the group of teens and outside, expecting the blue jeep to be gone and out of sight, but was more than surprised to see Renfrow standing outside on Tyler's porch, leaning against the railing.

He looked heartbroken, tears streaming down his face as he bit his lip. His cheeks were a rosy red, eyes screwed shut. Charlie hated the image of the boy, already missing the look of him being completely happy. She stopped in her tracks, almost scared to step closer to him.

The sound of the door slowly shutting behind her caused Ren to quickly stand up straight, wiping his cheeks and under his eyes as he turned to see who had followed him outside, relieved to see that it was only Charlie. He sniffled, running a hand through his messy brown hair. "Oh, hey," He said, turning back to face the front of the yard. "I'm sorry for running out." He quickly added.

"Oh, Renny." Charlie softly mumbled as she began walking toward him, embracing him tightly as soon as she came into contact with him. He gladly took her embrace, hugging her tightly as silent tears began to fall from his eyes. He sobbed into her shoulder and Charlie let him, not bothering to question him about what was bothering him so bad.

"I-I didn't mean t-to make it l-look like I walked out," He sobbed.

"Shh, it's okay Renny." She quietly spoke, rubbing his back soothingly. "Don't talk about it if you don't want to. Cry it out, it's okay."

They stood like that for a while, Ren crying while Charlie held him. The others inside could hear it at first, so Tyler being the kind person he was decided to take the group to his bedroom to give the couple outside just a little bit more privacy so they couldn't hear them.

Finally, after some more moments of crying, when Ren was finally finished he pulled away from the blonde. His eyes were red and puffy, causing the color in them to pop out more. Charlie pouted, and although she couldn't stop looking at the beautiful ocean color in his eyes, she couldn't help but feel heartbroken at how sad he looked. She wanted to fix him, but she knew that deep down she couldn't fix him when she couldn't even fix herself.

"Thank you," He said, brushing her hair behind her ear. "I needed you, and you came after me. Thank you."

"I wouldn't let you be alone." She simply told him, smiling a small smile at him.

This caused Ren to smile for the first time in minutes, and he shook his head. "It's crazy," He said. "You somehow manage to make me smile when I'm feeling horrible."

"I don't know how," She admitted.

"You just do something to me, Charlie." Ren smiled down at her, "You make me feel things."

"You feel things all the time," Charlie stated, earning a playful eye roll from the boy standing in front of her.

"Well, I know that. But you make me feel things that nobody else has ever felt before." He looked down, grabbing her hand in his. "Why don't I take you out this weekend? I know that it's only Monday, so there's still a couple of days till then but let me take you out. Not for homecoming either."