Chapter Fifty Five

"That's the dumbest idea you've ever had, and you've had some pretty fucked ideas

"That's the dumbest idea you've ever had, and you've had some pretty fucked ideas." Ren immediately shook his head, repositioning himself.

"I'm just saying- how are we going to get proof that it's Green if we don't do some snooping?" Trystan asked, flinging his hands around in the air.

"Guys, we have to stop and think-" Charlie cut in, before looking to the blonde sitting across from her. "What happened to you again?"

Nadia pulled her purse from her side, pulling out an envelope that looked a lot like the one that was left on the top of Charlie's mom's car only weeks beforehand. The group sent each other looks as the girl sat it in the middle of the booth table, nobody making a move to grab it at first.

Finally, Charlie reached forward and grabbed it, opening the already neatly cut open seal. She pulled out a few photos, not even half as many as what occupied the envelope that she'd gotten.

The photos were of Nadia - which was what the group suspected as Charlie laid them out on the table so everyone could see. One of her leaving her house, her at cheer practice, and one with Ocean.

"Do-" Kiya stopped for a moment, clearing her throat. "Do you think Green would like, spy on her own daughter?" Her voice was quiet, almost too afraid to ask the question. "That would be beyond perverted."

"It's perverted to spy on a seventeen year old in the first place," Nadia spoke, looking to the blue-haired girl. "Who- who takes photos and leaves them on my car?"

"So it's clearly the same person that did it to us, meaning we can rule out that it's clearly not Nadia doing it to us." Tyler ruled out, pulling the notebook out of his backpack to write his notes down. "Why do we keep getting stuck at square one, exactly?"

"Because whoever's doing this has either clearly done this before, or is hella smart." Mikey rubbed his forehead.

"Or both," Charlie picked one of the photos up. "Maybe they've done it before, and they were smart the first time. And since they're smart, and they've done it before, they're dangerous."

"Meaning," Ren began to connect the dots. "They're going to not make the same mistakes they made before. They know exactly what they're doing, they know what to do and what not to do. They're not going to be messy about this."

"So where does that leave us?" Jade asked, "Like he said, we're literally at square one for the hundredth time in a row?"

"I have a couple of ideas. But it's not much, and I don't think they're right," Tyler scribbled notes down. "Nadia, this is going to sound weird but do you mind if I keep these?"

Nadia sent him a dirty look, causing Jade to roll her eyes. "Chill, princess, he's got all the evidence including a photo of Ren and Charlie kissing on homecoming night. He keeps it all together because he's super organized and he Nancy Drew's this shit."