Chapter Forty Nine

"What the fuck is this?" Jade loudly asked as she entered the basement of the Thompson household, waking both Trystan and Charlie up

"What the fuck is this?" Jade loudly asked as she entered the basement of the Thompson household, waking both Trystan and Charlie up. "You guys cuddle buddies now or something?"

"We just- we fell asleep." Charlie wiped the tiredness in her eyes as she sat up, moving away from Trystan who was still waking up.

"How did you guys even get in?" Trystan asked, squinting his eyes at the new light as he stared at the group of people standing in his basement. "I thought I locked the front door behind me after the pizza guy left."

"Oh, you did. But you gave Benji a key." Jade pointed behind her to Benjamin, who had a red face as he sheepishy stood with a key on a chain around his neck. "In case of emergencies. And in our case, this an emergency. We want to know what the fuck that was this morning and why I had to tell Renfrow off."

"I thought you didn't tell anyone, Charlie," Kiya said, looking a bit hurt as she glanced from Trystan to Charlie.

Charlie sighed, rubbing her cheeks. She knew she was going to have to tell her friends eventually, especially since they were right there when everything happened and Jade was quick to defend her even when she didn't know what had happened. "I'm going to tell you guys because I've had time to think and process, plus you're my closest and only friends." She sighed again, the group realizing how much this simple thing was stressing her out.

Jade's face fell, and she walked over, sitting down across from Charlie as she mirrored her position. "Look, take your time telling us. I know it sucks, but the sooner, the better. But I don't just tell my best friend off for nothing. I need to know he actually did something and it wasn't because of something stupid."

And so Charlie told the rest of the group everything she knew, with Trystan chiming in with bits that he knew. This connected the dots, answered the questions the group had. It explained why Charlie was with Trystan, why she wasn't at home and why she had randomly decided to start a fight with Ocean in the middle of the hallway. It explained everything, even why Trystan stuck to Charlie's side instead of Ren's.

Of course, the two didn't say anything about their little kiss only hours before the group arrived to the house. As far as the group thinks, they only did that in their sleep. Everyone knows Trystan's a cuddler, and they also know Charlie was heartbroken and so used to sleeping next to Ren and so they thought it was an accident. But truth was, they had fallen asleep like that. They were keeping that big secret from everyone else due to not wanting to deal with any drama, although Tyler and Jade were dating now and her feelings for Trystan were long gone.

But considering her and Ren had broken up literally that morning - that would've been a problem.

Not even the two teens themselves had talked about it. After the kiss, they did that staring into each other's eyes for a little longer before Trystan finally stood up from his spot, helping Charlie up herself. They then calmed down with no more tickle fights, deciding to watch another movie, and the movie after that they finally fell asleep, with Charlie in Trystan's arms where they were both comfortable. They didn't talk about it, and neither of them wanted to as they both knew what they were doing was a mistake - but neither of them didn't hate the kiss.