16

- Bad Reputation; Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - 

The week had gone by quickly, and to say it was pretty uneventful was an understatement. The most that had happened was Charlie studying with Benjamin Conway, much to Ren's dismay. Ren didn't make it obvious to the girl that he didn't like it, he just ranted to Jade about how much he didn't like it. In return, Jade just rolled her eyes and told him to 'shut the fuck up, she clearly likes you and not Ben because she's going to homecoming with you and not him'. This didn't help Ren's thoughts, but he listened to her anyway as he knew he was irritating her with his rambling. 

"I have to go straight to practice, do you have a ride home?" Ren asked the blonde next to him, who quickly switched her books from her locker to her backpack.

"Yeah. I'm riding with Kiya. We're going to go to the mall because I still need a dress for homecoming." She turned to him as she shut her locker door.

"You still haven't gotten that?" He asked, his eyes wide. "Actually, that's okay. I haven't gotten my bowtie to match your dress or whatever either. Which, by the way, whenever you get your dress send me a close-up photo of the color of it so I can match."

"Why not just send a photo of the dress itself?" Charlie asked, her brows bunched together.

"Because I want to be surprised. Now I have to get to practice because if I'm late coach will be disappointed and I still have to change into my football uniform. Go get you a cute little dress," He spoke with a smile, brushing her hair behind her ear. It was a small gesture he'd begun doing often, which Charlie never complained about and quite liked.

She smiled with a nod, just as Kiya turned down the hallway. "Charlie!" She called, a bright smile on her face as usual.

"I'll text you," Charlie told Ren, who nodded in response.

The two separated, Charlie disappearing with Kiya and Ren heading toward the boys' locker rooms where he began to quickly change in a corner by himself.

Charlie was the only thing on his mind as he got ready, and just as he was walking out he saw Trystan getting ready with some of the other guys he used to hang out with before Trystan stopped talking to him. Trystan was still mad at him and the others, clearly pissed about their last encounter. It got quiet as Ren walked by, causing the boy to stop as he held his helmet next to his thigh. He looked between the boys, at first not knowing what to say before deciding to keep it simple.

"Hey," He said, looking between them.

"Thompson told us about how you're running around with that Cooper girl," One of the jocks spoke, standing up from one of the benches.

"Okay?" Ren questioned, "Nobody's ever had an issue with it before. You guys literally encouraged it."

"Well, we didn't have an issue at first. Until he told us about her breakdown on the football field." Another one of them said, causing Ren to glare at Trystan, who was already glaring at him. This showed he was still mad about the situation at his house just like Ren thought he was, when he didn't need to be this mad at Ren.

"What's your point with this?" Ren asked, his eyebrows lifted. "We have to get out on the field."

The boys all glanced at each other, before looking at Ren. "We think that you shouldn't see her anymore," The first boy said. "It's taking you away from us, and she's kind of crazy."

"What?" Ren asked, laughing a frustrated laugh. "You've got to be fucking kidding me, Thompson."

"What, Renfrow?" Trystan asked with an annoyed sigh.