Chapter Fifty Nine

Although the day had been sort of successful for the rest of the group, Ren felt completely and utterly helpless

Although the day had been sort of successful for the rest of the group, Ren felt completely and utterly helpless. He didn't get anywhere except for the fact that he'd gotten to tell Carolyn himself about Charlie's disappearance, only raising his anxiety more as the older woman was excused from work to go home and figure out what had happened to her daughter.

Ren had done everything Tyler had told him to, getting the police involved. Green, being one of the people involved, seemed puzzled as he hadn't expected Charlie to be the next to go missing - if anyone were to go missing. 

He'd answered every single question, doing exactly as he was told to do as he told them about how they were stalked, taunted, from beginning to end. Carolyn looked almost disappointed at the fact Charlie had never told her, but she seemed more worried about the fact that someone could be out there harming her daughter more than anything. This only added to Ren's worry, as he not only worried about the life of his girlfriend, but he worried for his girlfriend's mom and her wellbeing during all of this.

Search parties didn't help at all. They didn't find anything. Morrison kept throwing quiet theories to Green the entire time about how it was the 'boyfriend getting jealous over another lover', basically accusing Ren of doing something to Charlie when her and Trystan had the fling only days before. This only caused Ren to grow angry, wanting to sock the man in the face. He knew that it wouldn't do anything but harm the hunt for Charlie, and so he kept his mouth shut and stood next to Eliza who just yelled out for Charlie along with some townies from Walden that would've never knew who Charlie was only months before.

That was how it'd went. Just hours of searching for the girl. Ren didn't know how Tyler was doing, or how Jade was on her search of talking to the woman, whatever her name was. He didn't care to remember, as all he cared about was finding Charlie. He looked everywhere, whether it was behind a bush or under an old tree with an opening that clearly didn't have anyone occupying it. He was scared, his heart was beating out of his chest to the point he was sure Eliza could hear it anytime he stood remotely close to her and by the time they got back to the center of town, he was losing hope.

Daylight was gone, and Green and Morrison stood in front of him, Eliza and Carolyn Cooper with sad and somber looks on their faces, silent at first as Green tried to find the right words to say.

"Please tell me we're not done searching for her, Mr. Green." Carolyn spoke before Green could find his words, only causing his mouth to run dry and clamp shut. He felt for the woman, and exchanged nervous glances with Morrison, who rested his hand on his utility belt.

"Of course we're not. We will not give up until we find her." Green didn't say anything more after that, but the way his hands hinted at, made it seem as if he were hinting at the words 'alive or dead'. This caused the three standing in front of the two men to shift, their hearts skipping a beat. Thinking of Charlotte Cooper dead, gone forever just didn't sound right.