7

"You made it seem like we connected,
I guess I just didn't expect this."

After already talking to Eliza, Charlie knew that she was one step further than she had been before. That was more than she could say for the cops, considering even though they weren't giving out details she knew that they hadn't even tried. They didn't even talk to any of the students as far as she knew, because she had never once heard the gossip that was so huge through Walden. She'd never even been questioned herself, which you'd think they'd try to question everyone who interacted with Louise, and although she wasn't necessarily friends with the girl she did interact when she had to, which was often since she sat pretty close to her in science class. Not to mention she was the one that did bring it to light that Louise was missing in the first place, which would make you think that would be enough to get her questioned.

She sat alone in her bedroom, flipping through the yearbook once again. It was her only source besides the information she'd gotten from Eliza, but even then the information she got from the girl wasn't much. Of course, that was because Charlie might have come off a bit too strong. She was just confused, hurt, and flooded with guilt to the point where her mind was jumbled. On top of that, Charlie's never done this before. She's never talked to Eliza before, she didn't even know her. Nadia and she weren't friends, and she wasn't very fond of the way she was the reason there was so much gossip at Walden High. Tyler was going to be easy to talk to, but she was still going to feel bad for going to him just to get information about Louise. Things were just confusing, and the fact that she had to face all of this alone was making this ten times worse.

Tapping her fingers along the black and white paper as Walden didn't have enough budget to use colored paper, she repeatedly looked at the photos of Louise. There weren't many of her in the yearbook as she didn't get a lot of attention, but the few that there were contained mostly her and Nadia.

Nadia Joseph. It Girl. Most popular girl in school. She stirred up any drama you could think of, all the gossip in the school for the most part, as she managed to even get it around the town. Everyone's heard of her. She was basically the girl version of Renfrow Hill, with the popularity. The differences were definitely there, though, as she's more of a mean girl. They were popular for different reasons; him being genuinely nice and a good person, whereas she can be nice but like mentioned before, she's dramatic.

She would do anything for attention. Whether it be wearing a top that shows a little too much even if she feels just a tad bit too uncomfortable in it, or spreading a rumor that is completely the opposite of true. She vlogs the absolutely dumbest stuff, starting with a fight in the hallway at school to her outfit of the day. Anything to get views, anything to get her more attention. She lives and thrives off of it. She wants attention from anyone and everyone.

Nadia Joseph was one of those girls that looks like she should belong in a movie. Coming from a rich family. Getting a shiny, red car for her sixteenth birthday, dating one of the most popular boys at school (being neither Trystan nor Renfrow), and getting extremely good grades due to cheating most of the time, she had it all. She got what she wanted, and knew how to get what she wanted.

Not to mention she was also athletic; a cheerleader, a gymnast, and super fit. She had an amazing body and was basically a walking Barbie doll. She was what every girl wanted to be. She was perfect.

She was 'friends' with Louise, or claimed to be. But when it came down to it, she really wasn't. She never stood up for the girl when she was getting bullied, never really stated she was friends with her, she used her like most people in Walden did. Charlie knew that everyone in the dreary town did. But then again, Nadia Joseph used a lot of people in Walden and that's what made a lot of people secretly dislike her so much. They were fake to her the way she was them.