Chapter Fifty Three

Charlie's cheeks immediately felt hot as she felt a pressure in her chest, her heart dropping to her stomach as she looked around to see everyone staring at her and Trystan

Charlie's cheeks immediately felt hot as she felt a pressure in her chest, her heart dropping to her stomach as she looked around to see everyone staring at her and Trystan. Tears brimmed at her eyes, as this time she didn't even know how to react. She wanted to be angry, she really did. But this? This was just simply the world saying a big 'fuck you' for not listening to heart and going after Ren in the first place, and doing whatever she could to numb the pain in the first place.

Ren.

Dropping the pile of photos from her shaky hands, she glanced around the cafeteria for the beautiful boy with ocean eyes, only to see him standing at the edge of his lunch table, staring at a bunch of photos with sad eyes. Tears slipped from his eyes and down his cheeks, only causing Charlie's heart to hurt ten times more.

"Charlie, you need to get out of here," Ben tried to tell her again, bringing her back to reality. She glanced away from the boy she desperately loved and at the boy standing directly in front of her, who grabbed onto her shaky hands. "This- this isn't a good place to be right now."

Tyler was studying each of the photos, finally connecting the dots in his head as to why she was spending so much time with Trystan, and why she was talking to him before school had started. Why Benjamin brushed the two coming in with them beforehand, why they caught them cuddling. It all made sense.

"Holy fucking shit," Mikey commented as he entered the cafeteria, followed by Kiya and Jade.

Immediately, the three began to looked through the photos, no expressions on their face as everyone in the lunch room began to whisper and talk about the two standing in the entrance of the cafeteria with their friend group.

Charlie was in complete shock. To her knowledge, the only two people that knew about her and Trystan's fling was her mother and Ben, and Ben had proved his loyalty. He'd never do anything like that to neither her nor Trystan. Obviously her mother would never do anything like that either, so who knew about this and who was doing this to them?

"We gotta get out of here, Charlie." Trystan finally grabbed onto the girl's arm gently, who was looking back at Ren again.

She managed to tune everyone else in the cafeteria out, her eyes only on Ren. He just stared at the photos, repeatedly going through it as he ignored Ocean's rude comments. Finally looking up, he watched as Trystan and Ben managed to drag Charlie out of the cafeteria, followed by the rest of their friend group.

It was silent between the group as they stood outside in the hallway, nobody saying anything as Tyler held a copy of each of the photos so they could add it to their collection for the case.

"Well this is fuckin' twist!" Jade finally exclaimed, finding words to say. "How fucking nice."

"Jade-" Charlie started.

"You're fucking Trystan?" She asked, glancing from Charlie to Trystan.

"No, I-"

"What happened to girl code, Charlie?" Jade cut Charlie off, not even bothering to let her speak. "Or is that only a thing with you? Oh right, nobody wanted Ren so nobody had to worry about that."