Chapter Fifty Two

As the three teenagers left the Cooper household, the atmosphere felt off

As the three teenagers left the Cooper household, the atmosphere felt off. Charlie kept stealing glances over at Trystan, who looked completely lost in thought. She looked down at her left, her mind stuck thinking about what could've possibly switched his mood so quickly from the moment he'd left her bedroom till now. It was then she realized, he had probably saw Ren's letterman jacket peeking out from under the covers.

Even though she swore she shoved it underneath until nobody could see it - there was nothing else that made sense. Unless he saw the note her mother left her, that she'd crumbled up and thrown on the floor. Even then, Carolyn hadn't put Ren's name on the paper; at least from what Charlie could remember she didn't think she did. And how would Trystan notice that tiny little sticky note out of everything in her messy bedroom floor?

Although Charlie didn't remember the letterman jacket sticking out herself, and she could've sworn she made sure it was hidden out of sight, she could've accidentally moved the covers just enough for it to be seen even ever so slightly for Trystan to see it once she'd walked out of the bedroom. Obviously Trystan knows what the Walden High letterman jackets look like; he owns one himself with his own name on it, and Charlie doesn't have that one in her clutches.

Tapping her finger nervously on her thigh, she couldn't help but suddenly want to be anywhere but in the passenger seat of Trystan Thompson's car. Even in the backseat would've been better than where she was currently sitting. Anytime she looked over at Trystan, he didn't have that usual goofy grin he normally had, something in him seemed off. And it had to have been he saw something that had to do with Ren in Charlie's room to set off this mood. It just have to have been. There was no way anything else could've changed his mood so quickly from that short distance to his car.

"What do you think the other's are going to want us to do tonight?" Benjamin asked, breaking the very awkward silence between the three of them. "Like, I know we're going to your house Trys but like- what are we actually planning on doing?"

"I don't know," Trystan softly replied, still caught up in his thoughts.

"Think Tyler's going to want to work on the case?" He asked yet another question.

"I think he may. He's texted me once during my isolation saying he got some pretty crazy stuff so he probably waited so he can share it with everyone." Charlie turned, facing toward Trystan so she could easily see Ben. "And knowing Kiya she'll make Mikey take her to get some snacks and drinks, although Trys always usually has those."

"I don't ever mind getting more though." Trystan glanced over at the blonde in the passenger seat, sending her a soft smile. This caused the girl to smile back, giving her an uneasy feeling. This showed he wasn't mad, but she also couldn't tell if he was upset. He was clearly feeling some type of way as he was acting different than he usually did, but at the same time she couldn't decipher what feeling it was that he was feeling.

"It's kinda weird that nothing's... you know, happened." Benji quietly spoke, almost scared to bring the tension back. Of course it did, as neither other teen were expecing him to say anything like that. "Like, we haven't gotten anymore photos, no more creepy dolls, nothing. Weird, you know?"