13

- bad guy; Billie Eilish -

Arriving at the giant house that Jaiden Hunt lived in, Charlie looked over at Ren nervously. He stopped the car and looked over, immediately noticing that something was wrong with the girl. He studied her for a moment instead of saying anything, waiting for her to speak up instead.

"How do you think this is going to go?" She asked, looking at the boy in wonder. They both knew Jade well, well enough to know that Jade wasn't capable of doing something as drastic as killing Louise Bauman.

Therefore, they weren't going to go in and accuse her of doing so. But they did, however, need to question her about the video and somehow get some type of information out of the girl without angering her too much. Which might be hard since they were going to have to show her the video. She tended to have a small temper on her, and if she knew that the video of her threatening Louise had surfaced, or that there was a video at all - she would probably blow like a bomb.

"I don't know. It could either go incredibly well and we get what we need, or..." Ren trailed, looking ahead of him at the empty road of the nice neighborhood.

"Or it could go horrible and we could anger her, causing my other best friend to be mad at me." Charlie let out a sigh, letting go of Ren's hand so she could unbuckle. Ren looked over at her in confusion, not missing her choice of words.

"Whoa, another one of your friends? Who's mad at you already?"

"It's nothing. It doesn't matter. Let's get this over with and pray that it goes well." Charlie began opening her car door, but Ren leaned over and shut the car door before she could get out, surprising the girl. They were very close, close enough for her to get a good whiff of the cologne he'd put on that morning.

"No, talk to me. What's going on, Char?" He asked as he leaned back into his seat, looking at her with a soft expression.

She sighed, rubbing her hands on her pants before looking at his ocean eyes, knowing she'd give in and tell him eventually. It was better now than later to get it over with, so she cleared her throat as she thought, wondering where to start.

"Kiya and I got into a fight earlier. At school, before I made up with you and when I first talked to Nadia." Charlie admitted, a frown setting upon Ren's face.

"What? Why? You guys are like, best friends." Ren pouted slightly. He wasn't lying when he said this, anyone who went to Walden High knew that Kiya Daniels and Charlotte Cooper were basically connected at the hip, always together whenever possible.

"She saw me talking to Nadia, and she knows that Nadia and I aren't friends and when I couldn't exactly stop and tell her everything going on she got upset. She thinks it's because all I do is hang out with you." Charlie breathed out, "Well, let me elaborate. She thinks I'm changing now that I hang out with you. That I've stopped talking to her and Mikey, and that I've begun hanging out with just strictly you, Trystan, and Jade. Which isn't true."

"So you didn't tell her about how you're figuring out what happened to Louise?" Ren asked, and Charlie shook her head as she looked over at the boy.

"No. Because what am I supposed to say? 'Look, Ky, I know it sounds crazy but I think Louise is still alive and I want to find out what happened to her which is why I've been so MIA.'" Charlie spoke.

"Sounds good to me," Ren said with a shrug, earning an eye roll from the girl next to him.

"Seriously, Renny." Charlie sighed, "I can't just tell her. She wouldn't understand."