Chapter Fifty

It had been a full week since the dramatic breakup of Renfrow Hill and Charlotte Cooper, and to say things had gotten better would be a lie

It had been a full week since the dramatic breakup of Renfrow Hill and Charlotte Cooper, and to say things had gotten better would be a lie. Of course, not only did Charlie get in trouble for what she had done to Ocean Green in the hallways of Walden High School, but so did Jade.

Charlie - for physically harming the brunette, had gotten one week's suspension. On top of that, when she came back to the school, she was going to have to go to detention after school for one week, as if suspension wasn't enough. Charlie knew she had put the girl in harm's way, but Ocean had gotten in no trouble for what she had done to Charlie, which was just as bad as what Charlie done to her. The only difference was Charlie had started the fight.

Not only did she get in trouble with the school themselves, but she also got in trouble with her mother at home. She got grounded for two weeks. Not even allowed to go to the library after school to study with Tyler. This put a giant hold on their case for Louise, causing them to act normal for even longer than intended.

Jade - on the other hand, had also gotten in trouble for bashing Ocean. It was unfair, considering Ocean had gotten away with everything she'd done. She'd not only slammed Charlie's head against the lockers (which was on video) and taunted Charlie, insulting her in many ways and got away with it, but Jade also got two weeks detention for what she had done to Ocean. All she'd done to the girl was simply put her in her place, and she didn't physically touch the girl at all.

Walden High had never been this strict before, which leads not only Charlie but the rest of the group to believe it has to do with Ocean's father. He probably put the school up to it, because if it weren't for him the school probably wouldn't even have known the fight had gone on. The school's shitty, they don't know nor care unless the student is a student such as Nadia Joseph or Renfrow Hill, as sad as that is.

Carolyn didn't want to be so strict on her daughter as she knew that Charlie was going through a lot, but she also knew that Charlie had been acting out, and no matter what the situation was it didn't give Charlie any right to go and act out in that way. She had to be hard on her, and show her right from wrong. So no matter how hard it was and how much it upset her daughter, she grounded the girl for the two weeks (which was the length of the suspension plus the detention's length) plus decided to be more strict on her phone privileges, making her shut it off after a certain time. Not only that, but whenever she was home from work, Charlie was unable to use it as there was no need for her to have it since she knew that she was at home safe.

If that wasn't enough punishment, she also forced Charlie to get a GPS app, one that notifies Carolyn anytime Charlie leaves the house. If she deletes the app or tries to go ghost, it notifies. Charlie was truly bound to her house for this grounding, and she was truly going to have to be alone.

At the same time, Charlie didn't care. Ren was walking down Walden High School, locked arms with Ocean Green, only proving her point that he did - in fact, cheat on her. Or if he didn't, he was getting to the point that he was going to or he was about to break up with her to be with Ocean.