Chapter Forty Four

The morning light shined through the cheap blinds on the tiny tree house window, waking Charlie up from her light sleep

The morning light shined through the cheap blinds on the tiny tree house window, waking Charlie up from her light sleep. She woke up quickly at first, before realizing she was asleep in Ren's arms and she quickly calmed down, nestling back into the warmth of his grasp. He tightened his grip around her, the small smile on her face getting bigger as she pulled the tiny blankets up to her chin as she glanced around the tiny house, looking at the posters and whatnot Trystan and Ren had placed along the walls over the years.

It was a neat little hide out spot, a place she'd never expected teenage boys like Trystan Thompson and Renfrow Hill to have.

She laid there a little longer, enjoying being normal for just a tad bit more. She knew that they were going to have to go back to their regular lives soon. They were going to have to go back to looking for Louise, looking for whoever's been stalking them, plus whatever other drama's along the way. She was willing to do whatever it took to figure out what happened to Louise and get rid of who was following them, it was just quite exhausting. Charlie didn't know what to do next, where to look, what to say. She didn't know how to lead the group, but she also didn't want to admit that especially after her argument with Jade, considering it was about how she was technically leading the group in the first place. But she most certainly wasn't going to do things the way Jade was going to do it, because if anything - the way Jade wanted to do it was just going to get them into more trouble, which was the last thing they needed right now.

Grabbing Ren's hand, she traced along his fingertips and his knuckles, feeling as his hands were ice cold compared to her extremely warm ones. She pulled his hand up to her lips, kissing each fingertip lightly to warm them, almost instantly waking the boy up from his sleep.

"Goodmorning lovely," He mumbled, scaring Charlie half to death. He chuckled as he felt her jump underneath his grip and only pulled her closer, keeping his eyes shut as he continued to lay there with her. "I don't want to leave. It's Saturday, let's stay another night." He insisted, not opening his eyes to see Charlie's reaction to his request.

"I wish we could, Renny." Charlie spoke with a sigh, her eyes continuously looking around the tree house interior walls as she thought about what words to say next. "But sadly, we can't." She spoke the words Ren was hoping she wouldn't say, "We have to get back to reality. There's a case we're working on."

"Can we just pretend we're not the Scooby Gang for one day, please?" Ren begged, his eyes shooting open as soon as Charlie pulled herself out of his tight and comforting grip, beginning to look for where she'd sat her dress the night before so she could change back into it. "Just wear my clothes, baby, its okay." Ren quickly added as he noticed her unfold her dress, the cute nickname slipping through his lips as if he'd been waiting to call her that from the day they met.

Charlie's eyes snapped up to him as soon as it left, however, at a loss for words as she still hadn't expected it. Of course, the night before when he'd asked her to be his girlfriend she didn't hesitate to say yes, excitement and happiness running through both bodies as Ren scooped the blonde up and hugged her, twirling her around the tree house. Plus with the way they'd been acting, that it'd be the same, but it wasn't. It just felt different, as it was actually official.