11

- Fall Into You; Daniel Seavey - 

The next day, Charlie woke up to the smell of breakfast. Eggs and bacon to be specific. She hardly ever woke up to the smell of breakfast, she hardly ever ate breakfast unless it was a quick bowl of cereal, due to her mother sleeping in on the weekends since she usually worked so late. Furrowing her eyebrows, she realized that her body was tangled up with someone else's and panicked for just a moment before realizing that Renfrow Hill had stayed overnight to make sure she was okay. Glancing over as she calmed down, she saw that he was still asleep. 

She studied him, something she used to do so often but hadn't had the chance to do in a while due to her being so caught up with wanting to figure out what happened to Louise Bauman. She'd almost forgotten how beautiful Ren was, as stupid as it sounds. One just doesn't forget how beautiful another human being is, especially if you're super into them. But she'd been so tangled up in wanting to know what had happened she had, and she kind of felt bad for that.

Especially since Ren had been so willing to help her out with the whole Louise thing, and she'd kind of taken him for granted.

She finally looked away before he'd woken up and caught her staring, looking up at the ceiling of her small bedroom. In any other circumstance, Charlie would be thrilled. She'd be happy at the fact she'd woken up in bed with her crush and would be texting Kiya and Jade happy at the fact she was finally doing something she'd been wishing to do for years now. But things were different now. She and Kiya weren't on speaking terms, Jade had threatened to kill Louise showing a different side of her - and kind of intimidating Charlie if she were being honest. Things were just different.

The feeling of movement next to her caught Charlie's attention and she looked over, seeing Ren's eyelashes flutter, and soon enough, his ocean eyes were revealed. "Good morning," He said, his morning voice raspy and deep. Charlie's cheeks began to turn a crimson red.

"Hi," She said, noticing they were still tangled together. She knew that they weren't cuddled up together the night before, even when she'd managed to fall asleep. This must mean that sometime when they were both asleep they must have scooted closer together and cuddled each other, but neither of them must've minded because neither of them bothered to let go.

"Sorry if it got hot, I cuddle in my sleep," Ren apologized, removing himself from Charlie. She immediately felt the coolness in the room as he'd let go, and she watched as he sat up and stretched.

"I, uh- I can tell." She replied, sitting up and scooting back as she leaned against the headboard.

"Yeah. I used to do it with all of my stuffed animals, and so when I got rid of my stuffed animals I had to get a body pillow to replace them," He admitted, smiling shyly at her.

"Cute," She told him, only causing him to blush harder than he already was. "We should probably get ready for today. We have a long day ahead of us."

"Right. All my things are at my house." He stood up from her bed, stretching fully before putting his jeans on over his basketball shorts. "I can go get ready there then meet you back here if you'd like?"

"Yeah, that's fine." Charlie stood up from bed herself, stretching. "I smell breakfast, which is weird considering I never have breakfast." She then remembered her mom, and her eyes widened. "Shit, my mom. She must've peeked in and saw you in here."

Leaving the room, she walked into the kitchen to see her mother happily flipping bacon on the pan. She hummed along to a song that was stuck in her head, putting the cooked piece of bacon on a plate. She turned, almost jumping in surprise as she saw her daughter standing in the doorway of the kitchen, a look of shock covering her features at the sight.