17

- Everybody Wants You; Johnny Orlando - 

It was finally just an hour before the game, and Charlie was nervous. She was riding with Kiya and Mikey. Jade would ride with Tyler and meet them there, where they would all find their way to the front row bleachers and sit down to support Walden High School's football team.

"Hey, Charlie?" Kiya asked, catching the blonde's attention. Charlie looked over, seeing Kiya put the mascara she'd been applying down on top of her dresser. "I just want to say thank you for actually explaining to me what was going on. I know I was rude and stubborn, and that I overreacted. I just- I didn't want you to become a different person now that you and Ren are a thing-"

"Ren and I aren't a thing." Charlie quickly spoke, her cheeks rosy as her eyes darted anywhere but at Kiya.

"Charlotte, I know you. You have never liked anyone, especially as much as you like Renfrow Hill. And something is definitely going on between you two." Kiya sent a tiny smile toward the girl, "I dig it. And he digs you. And when he sees you in that homecoming dress, it'll be even more obvious."

"You're only saying that to make me feel better about liking him." Charlie shook her head, "We're just friends for now, Kiya."

"For now," Kiya pressed. "But in the futureeeee."

"Just friends," Charlie said again, making a face. "Now back to the topic of the homecoming game. What face paint were you asking me about?"

Kiya began rambling about how she wanted Charlie to match face paint with her, as Kiya wore face paint to every football game that Walden High School had, matching their school colors of course. Navy blue and black. Bland colors, just like the rest of Walden.

Charlie just listened to her intently, nodding every once in a while as if she were listening. It wasn't that she didn't want to listen to the blue-haired girl, it was just her mind went to other thoughts. For once, it wasn't the thought of what had happened to Louise Bauman, no. The thoughts that were running through her messy mind were the popular boy named Renfrow Hill, the boy she'd be seeing in less than an hour tearing it up on the football field. The one whose jacket she'd be wearing, which would pretty much make all of the other girls in the school jealous.

"Are you even listening to me, Charlie?" Kiya asked, bringing the blonde out of her thoughts. She blinked a few times, before meeting eyes with the girl standing in front of her.

"Sorry, got distracted. What?" She asked.

"I said I'd start at this side of your face, then kind of make my way here," She explained, motioning where she'd be painting Charlie's face. "I'll go every other dot with navy blue, then the other dots will be black." She added. "So this will be cold, but don't mind it. You'll get used to it after the first few dots." Charlie just nodded, her mind going right back to Ren.

Kiya continued to ramble about pointless things as she did Charlie's face paint, and as soon as she was done she decided she wanted to do Charlie's hair and stood behind her, causing Charlie to be seen in the mirror in Kiya's ginormous bedroom.

The room was at least twice the size of Charlie's, blue decorating basically everything. If you wouldn't have been able to tell by how she repeatedly dyed her hair blue, once you walked into Kiya's bedroom you'd immediately know her favorite color was blue. If each person in Walden had a 'statement' of some sort, Kiya's blue hair would definitely be hers.

Charlie watched intently as Kiya focused on the right side of her hair, dutch braiding it neatly. Charlie never learned to braid, as her mother was too busy working to keep food on the table and bills paid to teach her something so simple. On top of that, Charlie just never tried to learn to do it herself. She never liked to admit it, but she felt kind of sad that her mother never taught her those simple things, but she'd never say them out loud to the woman as she's felt her mother's done a very good job raising her ever since her father passed away.