Chapter 19: Late Night Talk

The girl shivered upon stepping out of the Ubuyashiki estate. Her talk with the Oyakata-sama went longer than expected that night time had already approached.

" Be careful my child, please remember that you may not engage in battle with him if possible. We only need to know of his stronghold if there really is and I know you can carry out this mission safely"

" I apologize for giving you this difficult mission, I know it's hard enough to even have to meet him but you're the only one who can do this and I believe in you Hikaru"

"It's nothing Oyakata-sama, I'm a demon slayer after all. It's my mission to do everything to protect the people"

The icy blue haired girl faced the Ubuyashiki mansion and gave a bow before turning back to leave. Now feeling the cold night air.

Her mind drifting to certain possibilities that may happen on her next mission.

She may be skilled but when it comes to raw physical power, she's no match for the Hashira's. It's her speed and agility that makes her superior to other demon slayers. She's good at sensing attacks and dodging them perfectly that she doesn't need physical strength to deflect because her body is light and flexible enough to escape the attack. She can escape swiftly no matter what. That's why she can withstand battling the Upper Rank 2 alone for a while. She's perfect for the job.

"Hikaru-chan"

Kagaya had given her three days of rest before finally executing her mission since this might be her longest mission because finding a demon that she never even met nor they knew the face of and especially that he is the strongest demon for he is the father of all demons is indeed a difficult mission but she intended to do it no matter what.

"Hikaru"

The girl let out a sneeze.

"Are you alright?!"

Hikaru felt something being draped on her shoulder and looked up to see a certain sunshine despite the darkness of the night.

"Oh it's okay Kyojuro-san I'm not cold"

Hikaru attempted to remove the Flame Pillar's haori on her shoulders but the man strongly declined saying that its what gentleman's should do making the girl smile.

"It's already dark Kyojuro-san, do you have a mission that you're still here?"

"I was waiting for you Hikaru-chan! Let me walk you home"

Kyojuro said with his usual enthusiasm. His straightforward response took Hikaru in a bit of surprise but nonetheless thanked the man and didn't argue more since he is a stubborn one. Stubborn in a weirdly sweet way?

"Why wait for me Kyojuro-san? You know you can talk to me tomorrow or is it really important?"

"Nothing really! I just wanted to walk you home today but is it okay if you come with me for a while?"

After the Pillar meeting, Hikaru was called to stay for a private discussion with the Oyakata-sama. The Pillars went ahead to their respective estates or to go on their usual patrolling. However, Kyojuro decided to stay and wait for Hikaru. He didn't know what had gotten into him that he suddenly had this confidence of approaching and asking for her for a late night walk but he sure didn't mind it.

Hikaru was confused but nonetheless accepted his invitation.

Why wouldn't she? Its her crush asking for a walk with her! Of course she wouldn't mind. Thankfully, she's good at controlling her own feelings or she would be smiling and blushing all the way. She's still a teenage girl after all.