Chapter 13: Kamakura City

"Caw! A long journey to the eastern province! Kamakura city!"

Today is their departure for their long mission and the two decided to meet up by the station leading to the said city. Hikaru arrived earlier than the said time and is now currently waiting for the Flame Hashira.

She was observing her sorroundings. It was her first time to see and to be able to ride what they call a steam train. And she was really looking forward for it. Her crow Kio, was sitting in her head as usual.

"Oh Hikaru! You arrived earlier than me! I must have kept you waiting, Now I'm ashamed"

A chuckling Kyojuro showed up with his usual big smile greeting the girl. Hikaru shooked her head.

"Not really Rengoku-san, I just happen to have arrived too early than our designated time"

"Caw! Good luck Hikaru! Rengoku-sama! I will be going!"

Kio stated and flew away like he always do. The girl just sweat dropped at her crow's behaviour but she got used to it. Her crow is always somewhere doing who knows what whenever he had finished relaying her messages and missions. She never bothered asking what was it though.

"Well Hikaru, shall we go?"

Kyojuro led the way with Hikaru following beside him. Looking forward to their journey.

...

"It's my first time riding a train Rengoku-san and it's making me excited!"

Kyojuro was amused with her behaviour. Just like a child whose seen something extraordinary for the first time, Hikaru sure was acting like it and he finds it cute.

"Mmh! It's my first as well and I must say it's rather exciting but I'm looking forward to see Kamakura City! I have heard a lot of things about it!"

He stated with much enthusiasm while crossing his arms. They had already boarded the train and took a seat. Hikaru was seating right infront of him and they were conversing to pass time.

"Oh what about the mission details? Kio hadn't really gave me any information about it"

"The report stated that 14 people had disappeared without any reason, a demon is suspected  behind this incident"

He explained in a serious manner, his arms still crossed. A new side of him she had witnessed. Kyojuro is definitely a sunshine no one could argue with but when it comes to their demon slayer duties, he can be deadly serious.

"And what's more is only their clothes were found near the shore when they began searching, clothes from all 14 of them"

The Flame Hashira was in deep thought, thinking about possibilities about what's going on. Hikaru nodded and stared outside the window.

"There's a high possibility that it might be really a demon, I guess we would find out soon"

...

Hikaru stretched out her body, a bit stiff from seating for 6 hours straight. The smell of ocean water filled the air, welcoming the two demon slayers upon stepping out of the train. Finally reaching their designated location.

Kamakura City.

The city is filled with crowds of people. Tourists and locals wandering within the city streets. Both were flabbergasted by the beauty of the city. Especially the icy blue haired one. It was just like the city of Asakusa, the only difference is that Kamakura City is located near the shore. The view of the beach can be seen clearly within the city's vicinity. That explains the salty fragrance emanating in the air.