Chapter 32: I Love You

No matter how tough a person acts, there will come a time when they will break and cry their hearts out. We are all humans afterall. A vessel full of emotions.

3 weeks had passed after the battle with the Upper Moon 3 and the Kamaboko squad had fully recovered from their injuries. Hikaru continued her recovery at the Butterfly Estate for a week more and confided with the Oyakata-sama after she was released by the very concerned Shinobu even when she just woke up.

Hikaru who was always calm and neutral had broken down infront of the head of the demon slayers when she finally shared her past. Euko Koizumi was also present that time and consoled her daughter figure. They knew how hard it was for Hikaru to finally regain her memories, only to remember how her parents was killed right before her eyes. It was all too much for her that she felt anger and the thought of revenge crossed her mind but her Master's teachings was also etched in her persona that she managed to subside her overwhelming feelings.

'Anger clouds your judgement'

That has always been stuck in her mind and that's why she managed to stay calm for most of the time. It really helped her.

"I'm sorry you have to go through all that at such a young age dearie. Don't worry I'm sure your parents are happy now that you are living well and you have us by your side"

Euko comforted Hikaru, gently patting her back while in a comforting hug. Kagaya allowed Hikaru to be relieved of her duties for a week more to ensure that she is physically and mentally fit to work again. After her breakdown infront of two of her respected elders, Hikaru felt ashamed but Euko and Kagaya didn't mind at all.

Euko was beyond worried when she found out about Hikaru's disappearance that she immediately took off and visisted the Oyakata's estate. She was relieved when they've finally returned and Hikaru was with them. She was happy when she finally woke up after being unconcious for a week but she knew something has changed within her student. Hikaru's memories were back.

"It's okay Master, I just hope they're resting in peace now because they don't have to worry about me anymore. But I promise I'll do everything to finish Muzan's reign of terror"

There was resolve in her voice. Both master and student continued to walk towards the entrance of the  Butterfly Estate. She still need to have her check up with Shinobu since she went straight to the Ubuyashiki's Residence the moment she woke up.

It was quiet until a certain fluff of yellow and red hair appeared, running towards them.

"Hi-Hikaru nee-san!"

It was Senjuro. He looked happy amd surprised now that her big sister figure had woken up. Immediately, Hikaru ran over to him and kneeled down to engulf the little boy in a hug.

"You're awake!"

Senjuro was crying at this point. When he heard about what happened to Hikaru and his big brother who went to find her, he was so worried that he cried and prayed everyday for their recovery. Even Shinjuro was worried, though he would not show it.

"Sen-chan, I'm sorry I made you worry. I'm okay now and your big brother is just taking his time to rest"

Hikaru joked lightly to lift up the boy's spirit. Senjuro nodded while wiping his tears when Euko spoke from behind. Addressing another person who was approaching from behind Senjuro.

"You look shabby Rengoku-san"

Euko teased the now displeased Shinjuro. His face scrunched upon seeing his annoying ex- subordinate back when they were still serving as Pillars in the demon slayer corps.