Chapter 17 : Pillar Meeting

Kyojuro Rengoku is usually always confident and bold when it comes to voicing out his thoughts to others. He never hesitates to say whatever is necessary as long as he doesn't hurt anybody with his words.

But somehow, even if they've just met not so long ago, he wanted her to be aware of his feelings but he can't express it in words clearly since he would be a stuttering mess which never happens but when it comes to her, nothing is impossible.

So the Hashira decided to take actions instead. As they say, 'Action speaks louder than words' and that's what he wanted to do.

...

"And whenever he smiles, it's like he's shining....oh! Am I being weird again Shinobu-san?"

Shinobu was amused of how fascinated the girl is towards a certain man when she told her about their encounters and how she feels about him. Especially the kiss.

"Ara~ is Hikaru-chan perhaps having a crush on the Flame Pillar?"

She teased the girl which made Hikaru a bit shy and confused. Sure she knows what crushes are but is it what she's feeling right now?

"Uhm I don't know"

Shinobu again chuckled at her innocence. The Insect Hashira went closer to her and held her shoulder gently.

"Well do you feel happy when you are with him? Do you feel like smiling when you think about him? Does he make your heart beat fast? Do you like him?"

Shinobu's questions were simple yet for any teenage girls, it would be hard to answer all those especially if you feel in denial but not for Hikaru.

She went thinking deep in her own thoughts.

'I always feel unusually happy and excited when I'm with Kyojuro-san and he's always so cheerful and bright that it makes me smile too'

'Does he make your heart beat fast?'

'He does'

Hikaru always liked people with cheery attitudes and kind smiles. Just like when she had the instant liking to a boy she once met named Tanjiro Kamado and also his cute and adorable sister Nezuko. Hikaru liked the the young boy for his gentle smile and she can sense immeasurable kindness radiating off of him so she never did question him about his demon sister since she knew that Nezuko is different from the other demons.

She admires people who are always cheerful but she didn't know why. Maybe because she's envious? Or maybe because it's what she wants to be. She also wanted to be happy and carefree but she always had the feeling of being incomplete. It might not seem like it but she always felt like something was missing in her life that she can't really express herself to be fully happy. And maybe her missing memories is what she needed to feel really complete.

...

"Hello my child, my apologies for calling you here in such a short notice"

Kagaya Ubuyashiki pardoned with his usual gentle voice. Hikaru shook her head in disagreement.

"You don't have to apolgize for anything Oyakata-sama, I'm happy to be of any assistance to you"

Hikaru politely said.

The head of the demon slayers smiled and stood up with the help of his twin daughters supporting him since his condition is clearly worsening and affecting his health and even his eyesight. Nevertheless, he smiled and gestured for the ice breath user to follow him.

"Hikaru my child, I know you don't want to be a Pillar but I still want you to attend our meeting and your assistance regarding a certain demon slayer"