Chapter 26: Akaza

They did it. With Tanjiro and Inosuke's teamwork, they cut off the demon's neck that have infused with the train. No one died and its all thanks to Zenitsu, Nezuko and Kyojuro that some of the passengers only have only gotten minor injuries when the train went out of bounds on the rail way. It was a shock for all, especially with the civilians who knew nothing about demons and hunters.

But unfortunately, Tanjiro was injured and is bleeding heavily on his stomach. The train attendant stabbed him in a frenzied state.

"Is your stomach okay?"

Inosuke immediately rushed to where Tanjiro was, checking on his condition.

"I'm okay, how about you?"

"The lord is full of vitality! Not even a cold!"

Inosuke proclaimed with energy and Tanjiro was glad that he's okay and still full of energy. He clutched his side, trying to ease his pain.

"I can't move yet...hurry and save the others. The driver? He wasn't caught up with our attack when we fisnished the demon right?"

"I think its best is the guy died, he stabbed you afterall"

Inosuke said nonchalantly. He was annoyed at the guy for stabbing Tanjiro when all they did was help them from the demon. However, Tanjiro's kind nature is overpowering.

"Inosuke don't say that...we have to make sure that everyone's alright"

"Hmph fine! Just cause you begged me! After saving him and the others I'm going to pull out all of his hair!"

Inosuke exclaimed and stomped away to help the civilians get off the now tumbled train and to find out if the guy's okay. Tanjiro just sweatdropped at his last statement.

'It looks like the sun is about to rise. I need to adjust my breathing and stop the bleeding. I still have to help the others'

Tanjiro concentrated on his breathing when a figure appeared infront of him. He opened his eyes to see the Flame Pillar looking at him with a smile.

"It seems that you have learned to concentrate on your breathing. Admirable!"

"Rengoku-san!"

"That is the first step to become a Pillar. It's a good start with a hundred steps to go"

"I will work hard"

Tanjiro again closed his eyes and breathed calmly with concentration.

"Your abdomen is bleeding heavily. Focus. Improve the accuracy of your breathing. Concentrate on carrying your breath to every part of your body and don't forget the blood vessels"

Tanjiro was having a hard time but with Kyojuro's assistance, he managed to stop the bleeding in the meantime. Kyojuro was impressed and Tanjiro was even more surprised he did it.

"You stopped the bleeding. As long as you can master the breathing methods, you can do things that ordinary people can't do. Although not everything can be done, it does make you stronger than yesterday's self"

Tanjiro smiled his words. He had always smelled the scent of joy and kindness from the Pillar from the very first time they had met. But also he couldn't help but notice the scent of worry coming from the bright man.

"Thank you very much Rengoku-san. I'm sure Hikaru-san is still alive and safe somewhere, we will surely find her"

Tanjiro stated and Kyojuro smiled at his words.

"Hm! Hikaru is strong! We will definitely find her!"

Their conversation was cut when they felt a strong presence. A figure emerging from nowhere. An all too familiar presence. A demon and what's worse, it could be a ranked demon.