Chapter 03: Unknown Pressence

"We thank you for coming here tonight to the Demon Slayer Corps final selection"

Two girls, both dressed in a purple kimono, the same purple colored eyes, and shoulder length hair. Except that one has white hair pinned with wisteria flowers on the right side and the other has black hair with wisteria flowers on her left.

'So alike, so that's how twins are'

Hikaru thought while looking at the twins and her eyes scanned everybody. She was finally at Mt. Fujikasane and counted about 30 participants taking part in the final selection including her. Her eyes scanned the area observing the other participants when her eyes landed on a girl about her age. Smiling at her when their eyes met.

Her hair was curly and the color of midnight blue, hazel brown eyes, fair complexion, her wearing a dark blue kimono, her zori with green straps and white socks that reach above her ankles, topped with a mint green haori with leaf patterns.

Hikaru didn't know what to do so she just nodded at her absentmindedly. Luckily the girl didn't seem offended to the slightest. She seemed friendly though.

"The final selection will take place, further this area, there are no more wisteria trees where demons who are trapped inside this mountain lurks around"

The twin with white hair stated.

"You must survive for seven days for you to pass the selection"

The other twin continued.

Hikaru can indeed sense a lot of demonic presence further away from where they are now. She can see some participants were nervous and even scared and some held anger and determination. The twins uttered words of good luck and all of them began to move dissappearing in the demon inhabited forest.

Hikaru just calmly walked into the forest passing throught the wisteria trees. The deeper she got into the forest, the more she can feel the strong presence of hunger and bloodlust in the air. She just walked calmly, a bit nervous but she knew better and stayed calm and collected. Keeping her master's word in mind.

"Remember well Hikaru, keep your mind open and calm even in times of danger for having a unnecessary thoughts and doubts can lead to death"

Hikaru merely nodded at Euko's words but deeply engraving her words in her mind.

"Do not ever doubt your decisions and never ever falter in front of the enemy for it is a sign of showing your weakness to your foe giving them the inferiority above you"

Hikaru was reminiscing her master's words her eyes closed standing still when she felt a dark aura approaching her with the intent to kill. With her fast reflexes, she managed to avoid it jumping from a distance her eyes opening to see who attacked her.

A person- if she could still call the creature infront of her that. But with it's bloody red eyes, irises where missing, greenish and scaly skin, sharp claws and teeth, his mouth drooling continuously, with an insane grin. She stared at the sight of the demon infront of her.

The creature was laughing like a maniac, eyeing Hikaru with hunger.

"Ah Ah I s-see what a beauty~ I bet you're tas-ty as well"

The demon spoke licking his lips.

Hikaru just stared not uttering any word. But her mind thinking something.

'Ahh so this is what a demon looks like'

She thought not paying attention to the demon's hungry stare.

This made the demon a bit irritated as the girl hadn't acknowledged his presence nor cower in fear as most people would do. But Hikaru wasn't really that normal. Atleast according to Euko.