Chapter 10: The Flame Pillar

The chirping of the birds can be heard as Hikaru opened her eyes, slowly adjusting to the light. She stared at the ceiling for a bit before finally deciding to get up.

She winced as she tried to get up since her body is still recovering and she had sustained heavy injuries during the fight with the upper moon. But somehow she had successfully managed to sit up. She scanned the room she was currently in, recognizing the place.

She is aware that she's currently in the butterfly estate since she had been here a couple of times to get her injuries treated and demon slayers who are injured are rushed here in the butterfly estate to get treated and recover.

She was staring at everything she laid her eyes upon when the door slid open and a woman with black hair that fades to dark purple at the ends and styled in a yakai-maki hairstyle, clipped with a white and purple ornament.

"Ara how are you Hikaru-chan? It's nice to see you now awake"

The woman softly stated with a smile on her face. She went near and sat on the other bed beside which she's currently occupying.

"I'm feeling fine Shinobu-san thank you for taking care of me again"

Hikaru answered with a small smile.

Shinobu Kocho, the head of the butterfly estate. Hikaru had acquainted herself with Shinobu when she had been in the butterfly estate for the first time to get her injuries treated. They became close within a short amount of time and Shinobu had grown to like the icy blue haired girl because of how innocent she is at certain things. But despite that, Hikaru also held great respect towards her because she is after all the Insect Pillar.

"Don't worry about it, I'm just glad you've survived the fight with the upper moon two"

She stated with a relieved smile but Hikaru had sensed something in her voice when she mentioned the 'upper moon two' but decided no to ask further.

"I'm also happy and thankful we managed to survive, and if I may ask, who came to help us Shinobu-san? I mean I remembered a hearing a man's voice and felt his strong aura before I blacked out"

Shinobu's gardient purple eyes glimmered with amusement.

"Oh it was Rengoku-san, the Flame Pillar and the Love Pillar, Kanroji-san....but it was the Flame Pillar who caught you before passing out"

She explained and Hikaru nodded. She kept in mind to thank the Flame and Love Pillar when she happened to see them. Her master had always reminded her to always have gratitude even with the tiniest things, never forget to thank someone who had done  something for you. And even though she had no idea what they look like, she somehow atleast remembered the Flame Pillar's presence and it was enough.

"Ah what about the other demon slayers? Are they alright?"

She remembered Reiko who was heavily bleeding when she left her to fight the demon. She hope she's alright and also hoped that the other demon slayers survived.

"Don't worry Reiko recovered two days ago and just went on a mission this morning, and I'm sorry but it was just the two of you who survived"

Shinobu's tone was sad. Even Hikaru felt sad deep inside. With the two years of her being a demon slayer, she learned how to cherish her comrades and saving people gives her this warm feeling and she likes it.

"I see"

The two chatted for a couple of minutes until Shinobu had to leave because of her duties. Hikaru bid her good bye after that.

...

A day had passed since she woke up and Hikaru is currently sitting by the engawa of the butterfly estate.