Chapter 15: Mission Complete

After engaging battle with the lower rank 3 demon, both Kyojuro and Hikaru was busy patrolling at night and gathering information during the day. It had been two days but the demon still hadn't shown herself. Guess the mission might take a little later than a week if it still hadn't shown any sign of showing herself up.

"Let's have lunch first Hikaru, we can continue our investigation after we eat"

Kyojuro offered the girl which she happily agreed. Two days of sticking with each other made them closer. They had got along with each other and had understand the other greatly.

"Oya! If it isn't my new favorite costumers! Let me guess, the usual?"

The restaurant owner greeted upon seeing the duo. Both were accustomed eating by her restaurant for the past days of their stay here in the city. The owner already had became their acquaintance surprisingly.

"Akao-san! Of course the usual please, thank you!"

Kyojuro answered with excitement and the girl just smiled. The owner, Akao nodded and excused herself to prepare for their food.

The restaurant was busy as usual. Both were chatting, going over their plan when they would finally encounter the kizuki demon.

Minutes later, their food was finally served. The two excitedly began eating. Hikaru slurping up her ramen and Kyojuro gobbling his sweet potatoes and salt grilled bream, which the girl found out was his favorites.

...

"The atmosphere feels unusual, I have a feeling that the demon might actually show up Kyojuro-kun"

Hikaru finally getting the hang of calling the Hashira a bit casual, although it took Kyojuro a lot of persuasion but nonetheless it worked and he was happy for it. His heart strangely skipping a beat whenever she calls his name.

"I thought so too, be careful Hikaru and remember the plan"

Kyojuro seriously said while observing their surroundings, gazing at the deep blue ocean as the sun began to set.

...

"You will pay demon slayers! I've jad enough of you two meddling with my business!"

At last, the demon had finally shown up. And this time, they won't let her get away again.

"Ice breathing, , Winter Solstice!"

The demon was taken aback of Hikaru's sudden bold move but was more confused when she felt nothing. Not even a single scratch was on her. The girl just glided past her and stood defensively on her back. Although she felt a cold breeze hit her skin, no damages were taken. Thinking it was just a false move, the demon spoke in a mocking voice.

"Hah?! What was that about!-- Oh I get it...."

The water demon girl smirked. Hikaru was on the other side, her back facing the ocean. While Kyojuro stayed on their spot. The kizuki demon in between.

"You are cornering me so I won't escape again right, don't worry I wont...instead I will devour you both!"

The demon liquified and her both hands extending to the both of them aiming to attack.

...

"Kyojuro-san now!"

Kyojuro was a bit hesitant in doing the final blow to finally finish the kizuki demon.

It had been a few hours since they've started to battle with the demon and luckily, they haven't sustained that much injuries. Both had noticed and had the idea that the  demon had only recently became the Lower Rank 3 since her she doesn't seem to have that much experience in fighting. The only reason that makes her formidable is that physical attacks and techiniques won't easily work on her since her blood demon art is a tricky one. Hydrification. The ability to become water. A rather unique technique.