Chapter 30: Goodmorning

"Impossible! How are you still alive?!"

Akaza was beyond shock. Hikaru was about to answer but she couldn't help but cough in place. Her body is still weak and yet she pushed it too hard and even used her breathing technique which just made it worse.

"Hikaru!!"

Kyojuro finally recovered and hurriedly went towards the girl, catching her before she stumbles on the ground. He held her gently, forgetting about his current state. His tears were still threatening to fall as he can't still believed it but here she is, safe and alive in his arms.

"I'm back Kyojuro-kun, I'm sorry I've worried you all"

Hikaru managed to weakly smile which made Kyojuro wanted to hug her tight and never let go. To kiss her in reassurance that she is really alive but he had to restrain himself. They were still in danger since Akaza is still standing in a distance with confusion in his eyes.

"Why....."

Akaza asked, he was shaking. Mixed emotions were swirling inside him. Hikaru looked at him.

"I should be the one asking you why. You had the chance to kill me when I was vulnerable but you hesitated. Why?"

The pinkette looked taken aback.

...

  "You're supposed to be a demon because I gave you my blood back then, but you're fully human"

Muzan was suspicious of her. He clearly remembered how he mercilessly killed the Asagiri Clan. The clan who lived in secrecy, the keeper of the blue spider lily that he seeked for a hundred years.

And the girl struggling in his hold wasn't supposed to be alive, let alone a human still. He forced his blood into her. The little girl who begged him to spare her parents with fear in her eyes full of tears. Never did he imagined that she would survive, considering the amount of blood that he flooded into her system. It was enough to kill her but one in a million chance, she get to survive and live but as a demon. It was supposed to be that way but why is she still human?

It made him furious. His grip on her jaw tightened to the extent of nearly breaking her jaw bone. He wanted to know how she did it, how she survived.

When Muzan was about to finish her off with crushing her neck till she dies, Hikaru's hand gripped his wrist. Her eyes were widened with no emotion displayed on her silver orbs. Muzan lifted her up and threw her across with force that she broke her back when she hit a tree. She didn't react nor screamed in pain. Instead, she weakly stood up and looked directly at his blood red eyes with a dull shine in her own eyes.

In a blink of an eye, she disappeared which alerted both demons.

A second later, Hikaru was aiming towards Muzan with her nichirin blade now back in her possession but Akaza intercepted and sent her flying away from them. Akaza glanced at Muzan and he noticed the dark aura surrounding his master and he understood what that meant. The sun is about to shine in a few minutes and they still haven't finished the girl.

The pink haired demon went to where Hikaru was and found the girl lying near the  edge of the cliff in a bloody mess. It seemed to him that she has reached her limit. The girl was barely breathing and it is the perfect opportunity to kill her.

He took a stance and was about to finish her by taking her heart out but stopped when he heard a faint voice.

"Hakuji-san"

He looked at his surroundings but no one was there. He was confused. Surely it isn't Hikaru because she isn't in any condition to even talk and more importantly, who is Hakuji?