Epilogue

"Hikaru-san, Rengoku-san congratulations!"

"I'm so happy for you two my child"

"Waaa! Hikaru-chan you're so lucky!"

"Nii-san, nee-san congratulations!"

"You better take care of your wife Kyojuro"

The cheerful greetings were never ending, all happily congratulating the newly wed as they attended their holy matrimony.

After all.......

It was an arduous journey for all but in the end, they did it. Demons....humans.....the road to achieve the peace that they have been longing has been filled with blood, sacrifices and lost lives. A lot have suffered from the hands of the night creatures branded as demons. Civilians weeping from the lost of a loved one, demon slayers' hatred fueling for the lost of a comrade, children screaming in fear from witnessing the gruesome reality that someone so young shouldn't even experience.

That's where the demon slayer corps come in. They swore to protect everyone, their lives on the line from the moment they held their own nichirin blades.

And they did.

For hundreds of years, Muzan spread fear and terror and for hundreds of years, demon slayers had continued to try and stop him. Maybe Kami-sama had finally decided that it's time. For someone who believes in the almighty being up above, it's a prayer heard. Muzan is no more.

The battle between Humans and Demons had finally began and in the end, they won against the demons despite the physical differences.

Tamayo and Yuushiro had finally agreed with Kagaya's offer to help them aid in defeating Muzan despite the reluctance at first. Tamayo weighted out the chances and possibilities if they ever held hands with the demon slayers for their similar goals despite being a demon themselves. In the end, Tamayo decided that it is finally time and gladly accepted, helped and contributed to the demon slayer corps and in return, they accepted her and Yuushiro openly without any question.

Asagiri Hikaru and Rengoku Kyojuro had once again faced with an acquainted pink haired demon. The battle that they started with the demon the first time they had met him had ended the second time they've met. It was a battle for strength, speed, techniques, wits......and emotions. Akaza, for Hikaru and Kyojuro was different from the demons that they have encountered. Although Akaza--- no Hakuji, his name when he was still human, lost in the end, they respected his person as he willfully died upon regaining lost memories of his life as a human. Hakuji also experienced pain as to why he became who he is now, a demon who craved to get stronger  without satisfaction. They understood Hakuji, but they cannot forgive Akaza who killed and took a lot of lives mercilessly.

The Insect Pillar was ready to sacrifice herself, fill her body with wisteria poison--- something lethal to a demon that even an upper moon cannot withstand but with the help of Hikaru's blood and Tamayo's knowledge, they created an alternative which didn't need a sacrifice. With this, they had defeated the Upper Demon 2, Douma without someone dying. Koucho Shinobu, Tsuyuri Kanao and Hashibira Inosuke did it. The strong desire of vengeance had finally ceased.

Obanai Iguro and Kanroji Misturi got side tracked with the Biwa Demon because of her blood demon art but Yuushiro, the loyal demon who stays by Tamayo's side helped them and took care of the demon, allowing the two pillars to advance towards where Muzan was located. Bringing Muzan's Infinite fort up the ground to expose them from the shadows they've been hiding for a long time.

Tokito Muichiro, Shinazugawa Sanemi,  Shinazugawa Genya and Himejima Gyomei had a tough battle with the unshakeable Upper Rank 1, Kokushibo or in his human name, Michikatsu Tsugikuni who ironically was the brother of the one and only Yoruichi Tsugikuni-- the creator of breathing styles, and the progenitor of demon slayers, mirroring Muzan, the progenitor of demons. Kokushibu is an insanely strong demon that they had a hard time fighting with, even with the advantage in numbers. In the end, they also had won but Muichiro had passed out due to blood loss and an arm cut off, Genya sustained internal and external injuries-- his body cut in half but because of his still active demon abilities, he was still alive and trying to regenerate albeit the horrendous state he's in. Sanemi who was also injured but can still fight was shaking on the inside-- looking into his younger brother's dire condition, tears in his eyes as he prayed for Kami-sama to not take his last living brother from him. Gyomei who can still stand and fight, praying for the two young demon slayers as they wait for the Kakushi's aid. Like a prayer heard, Kakushi's along with Yuushiro had come and took care of the two critically injured as the two standing pillars rushed to Muzan after some reassurance from Yuushiro that he will take care of the two young ones.