Chapter 14: Kamakura City Pt. 2

"I sense something strange coming from that direction"

Hikaru pointed at the direction of the calm beach. A strange tingling sensation in the atmosphere. Kyojuro nodded and led the way going towards the beach. Praising the girl's keen senses, surpassing his. He admits he couldn't even distinguish any strange disturbances that faraway. No normal person can be that over sensitive in detecting something but it isn't impossible either.

The duo started investigating when dawn came. Both noticed that unlike in  Asakusa, Kamakura is different at night. Despite being a city, Kamakura is oddly silent and no people are on sight lurking on the streets during the night.

Based from the questioning they've done at several people at the inn they're staying before finally setting out when they had noticed that most were already going back home and stores and shops are already closing when the evening approached, no people in the city dares to go out at night. And all there more is it's not the first time several people had gone missing all together at once. This made people afraid and are now wary of their sorroundings especially at night.

They believed that the missing people are taken by a demon. Well they're not wrong but the two can't just simply tell that to the city folks. It will just instill fear and panic within them more. It's better to take care of it quietly.

"You're right Hikaru, I can sense a demon is present but not exactly sure where....be on your guard"

Kyojuro stated, wondering if his senses had gone dull since he can feel the demon but strangely couldn't really pinpoint exactly where. It feels everywhere but that can't be.

"It's everywhere, no-- the ocean!"

Her eyes quickly darted towards the blue ocean, the demon standing on the surface of the water.

The duo became alert and both unsheathed their own nichirin blade.

A demon girl with glistening blue skin like sparkling diamond, transparent blue eyes, and her hair was like flowing water, literally. Every being of her screams water. No wonder her territory is the ocean.

"Who are you people? Something tells me that both of you aren't of the ordinary"

The demon cautiously said. She must have never met a demon slayer. It's understandable since this is the first time someone from the demon slayer corps is on a mission in this city.

"We are from the demon slayer corps! And we have recieved information about a demon attack here so here we are!"

The beaming man answered with a proud smile. Hikaru remained calm. Eyeing the demon. Her eyes widened at the sight of what was written in her left eye.

"Lower Rank 3"

Kyojuro also noticed the carving, both braising to attack. A lower rank demon is no joke.

"Demon slayers? That means you're an enemy"

The demon's tone became aggressive, lunging towards where the two had been atanding.

Hikaru looked at Kyojuro and both nodded. Both stayed firm until the demon had reached the sand. Kyojuro lunged first aiming for her neck but the demon jumped, her hand was sliced instead. The water demon screeched in pain.

"How dare you! No one had ever done this to me!"

Hikaru ignored her bickering and proceeded to also aim for her neck but the demon looked at her with rage and attempted to scratch her.

The demon's severed arm had regrown fast and extended towards Hikaru, her nails aiming to sratch her. Good thing Hikaru managed to block her with her sword.